Board logo

McNish Crash - Le Mans
T66 - 11/6/11 at 06:48 PM

EEek, lucky nobody was killed in the area beyond the armco

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mcnish+crash&aq=f

Guinness - 11/6/11 at 07:11 PM

That was a big off.

eddie99 - 11/6/11 at 07:14 PM

Was watching it live, just goes to show the safety of these cars...

Richard Quinn - 11/6/11 at 07:33 PM

Also goes to show how ineffective the gravel traps are when these cars have a bit of air under them

scootz - 11/6/11 at 08:28 PM

Ooooh... I'd like to pick over the bones of this beast!

scootz - 12/6/11 at 08:44 AM

I don't know much about the 'racing etiquette' of the 24hrs race... who's fault was it? Seems to me that the Ferrari driver was asleep and failed to check his mirrors for faster machines. Or was McNish going for a gap that wasn't there? Or was it just a racing incident?

mrwibble - 12/6/11 at 08:59 AM

i'd like to here the ferrari mans point of view... the gap wasn't big enough in the end...

mrwibble - 12/6/11 at 08:59 AM

i'd like to here the ferrari mans point of view... the gap wasn't big enough in the end...

lewis - 12/6/11 at 09:17 AM

Lemans rules state cars to keep to the racing line,faster cars need to make there own way round them at least everyone knows where cars are then,another big smash last night involving the other works Audi safety car out for over 1 1/2 hours before I went to bed.

britishtrident - 12/6/11 at 09:20 AM

Almost a replay of the 1955 Le Mans disaster thankfully without the death toll ------- 1955 Video

scootz - 12/6/11 at 09:29 AM

I appreciate that it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference in the 1955 incident, but what exactly was the aversion to roll-hoops in those days!!!???

gaz_gaz - 12/6/11 at 09:40 AM

i cant see how any blame can be laid at the Ferrari drivers door,

i'd think Mcnish would have been unsighted due to the fact there was a car between Ferrari and Mcnish.
Also beltosie see's a car staying behind him, the last thing he's expecting is another car to come down the inside of them both,

then there's the rule that slower drivers stick to the racing line and the faster cars make there way round them,

I think Mcnish had abit of the old adreneline pumping after such a good start and got it wrong,

lewis - 12/6/11 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
i cant see how any blame can be laid at the Ferrari drivers door,

i'd think Mcnish would have been unsighted due to the fact there was a car between Ferrari and Mcnish.
Also beltosie see's a car staying behind him, the last thing he's expecting is another car to come down the inside of them both,

then there's the rule that slower drivers stick to the racing line and the faster cars make there way round them,

I think Mcnish had abit of the old adreneline pumping after such a good start and got it wrong,

+1

LBMEFM - 12/6/11 at 10:45 AM

+2

whitestu - 12/6/11 at 11:17 AM

+3

Peteff - 12/6/11 at 12:07 PM

Plus fours