Board logo

Couple Repossess Bank
britishtrident - 8/6/11 at 07:44 AM

Sweet justice’ as wronged homeowners repossess bank

[Edited on 8/6/11 by britishtrident]

scootz - 8/6/11 at 08:44 AM

cliftyhanger - 8/6/11 at 09:12 AM

I heard about this idea elsewhere. It seems even in this country you can issue a similar order against a company. I believe it works rather well and gets fast results. I wonder if you can do the same to the CEO of a company, I like the idea of turning up to their house and taking goods etc

Macbeast - 8/6/11 at 09:21 AM

Didn't we do this already with RBS and Northern Rock ?

pewe - 8/6/11 at 09:27 AM

If a customer or organisation owe you money, they don't dispute the amount owed and you have exhausted all reasonable attempts to obtain payment IIRC you can take out a Winding up Order against them on the grounds that you have come to the conclusion they do not have the assets to meet their liabilities!
We used this against a major international company in the photographic industry located in West London some years ago who consistently refused to pay us.
A letter to their CEO explaining exactly how we were going to proceed meant we had a cheque hand delivered the next day!
Cheers, Pewe

smart51 - 8/6/11 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pewe
...IIRC you can take out a Winding up Order against them ...

This happend when I worked at a small engineering company in the midlands. They didn't pay a bill, so the customer got a winding up order on the parent company - GEC. The bill was paid very quickly thereafter.

David Jenkins - 8/6/11 at 12:10 PM

The woman who runs the local hairdressers had a nasty accident in her car. Tesco Insurance agreed to pay a large sum of money - but kept delaying payment, until nearly 6 months went by.

They paid out pretty quickly after they heard that she'd initiated debt recovery proceedings with a firm of local bailiffs...

JoelP - 10/6/11 at 09:32 PM

I seem to recall a similar story a few years ago, where someone had taken a big company to the small claims court, and they hadnt bothered to turn up, so lost automatically. They then turned up at the head office with a bailiff.

Ninehigh - 11/6/11 at 06:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I seem to recall a similar story a few years ago, where someone had taken a big company to the small claims court, and they hadnt bothered to turn up, so lost automatically. They then turned up at the head office with a bailiff.

If they were anything like Sainsbury's they'd demand that they haven't had their 28 days to respond to the court order and it's not in the terms and conditions they breached