Board logo

Got an urge to buy an Iphone4.....therapy needed.
NigeEss - 13/9/10 at 12:43 PM

I know I should get an HTC Desire but after being impressed with the Ipod touch
interface I want a 4.
That and it looks so much better !

[Edited on 13/9/10 by NigeEss]

GeorgeM - 13/9/10 at 03:19 PM

what about a Galaxy S ?

or Wave ?

thefreak - 13/9/10 at 04:16 PM

Go for the iPhone... you know with whatever else you get you'll be comparing it to the iPhone and wishing you'd done it right the first time

flak monkey - 13/9/10 at 05:15 PM

Get an HTC HD2 or Desire if you want a good phone.

The Ipod is flashy and gimmikcy but by all acounts its a crap phone! The gimmicks soon wear off as well.

thefreak - 13/9/10 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey

The Ipod is flashy and gimmikcy but by all acounts its a crap phone! The gimmicks soon wear off as well.

I wouldn't say by all accounts at all. I'd say it's mostly from those who dont like the brand/price tag

iank - 13/9/10 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thefreak
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey

I wouldn't say by all accounts at all. I'd say it's mostly from those who dont like the brand/price tag

As opposed to those that do whatever Saint Jobs tells them?

NigeEss - 13/9/10 at 07:10 PM

The price isn't an issue (what's a hundred quid these days?) but the Demands of "Saint Jobs" does bother me.

Never got on with Samsung interface, although not used any of thier smartfones.
Could do with having a couple of weeks with an HTC to play with first.

DRC INDY 7 - 13/9/10 at 07:19 PM

I phone 4 not got a problem with mine

Ninehigh - 14/9/10 at 06:35 AM

Sony Vivaz, makes calls, sends texts.. Makes me look like those monkeys at the start of 2001 prodding that monolith..

What more do you want?

thefreak - 14/9/10 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
The price isn't an issue (what's a hundred quid these days?) but the Demands of "Saint Jobs" does bother me.

Never got on with Samsung interface, although not used any of thier smartfones.
Could do with having a couple of weeks with an HTC to play with first.

I've no interests in the politics of the manufacturer of the phone, more how well it works, which the iPhone does well. I dont mind using iTunes to sync my phone/laptop/music etc and have jailbroken it so I can run whatever I like on it.

balidey - 14/9/10 at 08:24 PM

How do you know if someone has an iPhone?

They tell you

thefreak - 14/9/10 at 08:28 PM

How do you know if someones replying on their HTC? They tell you twice

Jasper - 15/9/10 at 10:10 AM

I've had a good play on an HTC Legend (my Dads) and my iPhone 3GS and my wife iPhone 4, and I personally don't think they compare at all. The interface on the iPhone I think is SO much better. So you might not be able to customise it as much, but I don't really care about that. I want something that works out the box, is very easy to set up email, wifi etc on, looks great, and has loads of easily downloadable apps to play with.

For me there is no competition, and I have tried both. Don't listen to people who just have opinions of the iPhone, or HTC for that matter, without actually having used them first.

thefreak - 15/9/10 at 10:52 AM

Ah yes. Forgot that part of my post. I've used the HTC Wildfire (I think? Girlfriend's daughters been bought one by her Dad, she's disappointed as she wanted an iPhone lol) and I echo the comments above. Yes, it's a nice phone, but it's overcomplicated for what it is. I spend all day managing IT Systems, when I get home I dont want to be doing it as well

[Edited on 15-9-10 by thefreak]

[Edited on 15-9-10 by thefreak]

chrisxr2 - 17/9/10 at 07:39 PM

love the look of the galaxy s, iphone is one of those poser phones. the swype on the galxy s texting thing is superb.