Werner Van Loock - 30/6/10 at 08:30 PM

as per title:

road legal boat linky

prawnabie - 30/6/10 at 08:40 PM

Id say yes as it uses a standard reliant chassis

Ninehigh - 30/6/10 at 08:55 PM

Seatbelts?

It'd also need a roll cage for IVA iirc... But generally ok

"The previous two versions I have made have been put on the road using a 'DayTime' MOT test and therefore require no lights at all. As there is no windscreen there is no wiper or washer. It just needs a horn!"

Never heard of a daytime MOT though!

[Edited on 30/6/10 by Ninehigh]

prawnabie - 30/6/10 at 09:51 PM

I won't need an IVA as the chassis is unmodified. Id say the seatbelts are a must though lol

keith777 - 30/6/10 at 10:09 PM

Would you need seat belts if you could swim ??

eddie99 - 30/6/10 at 10:47 PM

Daytime MOT is true and real. I know people who have mainly classic cars on daytimes MOT's and therefore don't need all the lights...

Ninehigh - 1/7/10 at 06:52 AM

I can see PC Plod stopping me many times asking where my lights are.

So how does it work cos there are instances in the middle of the day when you'll need lights

iank - 1/7/10 at 07:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Daytime MOT is true and real. I know people who have mainly classic cars on daytimes MOT's and therefore don't need all the lights...

There's no such thing as a 'daylight MOT' as an entity, but it seems you can take advantage of the 'if it isn't fitted it isn't tested' rules. In answer to Ninehigh's question if you need lights (i.e. it starts raining) you have to stop and park up until it ends - if you don't you're risking getting a big pile of tickets. Also means you need to plan routes to avoid long tunnels.

See this thread on the subject which has contributions from real MOT testers.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=136653

Hellfire - 1/7/10 at 07:11 PM

I don't think seatbelts would be a requirement, provided you're wearing a lifejacket.

Phil