Board logo

What where they thinking?
iank - 12/1/10 at 05:43 PM

So near to a Darwin Award

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8454242.stm

mistergrumpy - 12/1/10 at 06:36 PM

Fantastic. I reckon in a few more years these loons will dispose of themselves and ease their burden on society. Tits!

smart51 - 12/1/10 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
I reckon in a few more years these loons will dispose of themselves and ease their burden on society

Sadly, there's one born every minute.

mangogrooveworkshop - 12/1/10 at 07:12 PM

PREPOST!!!

JoelP - 12/1/10 at 07:53 PM

awesome - and what a car to attempt it in! A big saloon! That would actually be very run in say a bike powered 4wd buggy, if a touch dangerous...

Steve G - 12/1/10 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
PREPOST!!!

The other one is the repost - a full 8 mins later!!

02GF74 - 12/1/10 at 09:49 PM

been watching ice road truckers?

RK - 13/1/10 at 01:08 AM

Believe it or not, it happens around here every winter on the lakes and rivers. Often it's drunken snowmobilers. I get nervous walking out on the river with the dog, and people are driving all over the place on it to get to their fishing holes. I hit a couple of invisible holes whilst driving on the lake one year. Lucky I didn't damage anything!

carpmart - 13/1/10 at 08:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RK
Believe it or not, it happens around here every winter on the lakes and rivers. Often it's drunken snowmobilers. I get nervous walking out on the river with the dog, and people are driving all over the place on it to get to their fishing holes. I hit a couple of invisible holes whilst driving on the lake one year. Lucky I didn't damage anything!

However, we do have a slightly more temperate climate than you and any ice is purely superficial and not structurally sound as you enjoy in Canada!

Is it customary to leave a marker at one's fishing hole?

[Edited on 13/1/10 by carpmart]