Board logo

Hawk Stratos Top Gear
Irony - 29/11/09 at 10:14 PM

I am sure you all just watched Top Gear and I fell slightly sadden by the effect their program will have on Hawk Cars. I am quite new to the kit car industry and I have heard nothing but good things about hawk.

I am sure some kits are much better quality than others and I am pretty sure a poor quality build will make for a poor quality car no matter how good the kit was. I am hoping my own build handles a tad better than the one one the show.

I hope that Hawk is unduly affected by the bad press. I suppose it does put them on the map.

prawnabie - 29/11/09 at 10:19 PM

I think they have as much hatred for kit cars and there builders as they do for Marinas lol

Ninehigh - 4/12/09 at 09:43 PM

Well to be fair he did say that the car is only as good as the builder, and he wouldn't drive it if he built it.

bob - 6/12/09 at 09:29 AM

I am not sure the damage will be limited to just gerry hawksbridge at hawk cars,i am thinking the BBC just did not think themselves as to the damage they could potentially cause to the whole kit car industry.also lets not forget we are still in a recession,smart peole would have aquired a car from the manufacturers themselves and had it set up properly.