Board logo

The Chandlers...
scootz - 21/11/09 at 10:32 AM

Sadly doomed methinks!

Options... ???

They are rescued (unlikely to survive a rescue attempt).
The 'pirates' abandon them (their only hope).
The 'pirates' kill them.
The 'pirates' sell them to Al Qaeda and their end is played out on the internet.

When will these type of people FINALLY understand that British hostages are worthless. Or are they so bleedin thick!

PS - (there had to be a rant in here somewhere!) When did we start allowing ourselves to be dictated to by rag-tag neanderthals? I would heartily support any Govt figure who went on air to read them the riot act... release them or we'll destroy your parasitic society and blow every unidentified boat out of the water! Make sure the Somali communities hear the statement and understand that they too have a a part to play in all this!

Mark Allanson - 21/11/09 at 11:14 AM

These incidents keep reoccuring because there are no consequences for the pirates/terrorists.

Options such as carpet bombing the somali coastline (a mite severe perhaps), or sending in tornados and destroy all boats and ships within a 30 mile radius of any event.

theconrodkid - 21/11/09 at 11:15 AM

ah but it,s all about "uman rites" and the navy,s hands tied by too much pc and not wanting to offend anyone http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1229626/Impatient-Somali-pirates-kidnapped-yacht-couple-week-live.html

give them 5 mins to surrender the hostages then blow them out of the water,easiest way to make sure they wont be doing that again

britishtrident - 21/11/09 at 12:35 PM

Is just me or is this incident just a little bit hinky ?

scootz - 21/11/09 at 12:38 PM

Hinky????

MautoK - 21/11/09 at 12:38 PM

Were they not a little foolhardy in entering those waters?

>bt ...hinky...? Que?
John

Edited...
A little research leads to
'Acting suspiciously; strange, unusual; acting in a manner as if having something to hide, or seemingly crooked; Suspicious (of something ...'
J

[Edited on 21/11/09 by MautoK]

Confused but excited. - 21/11/09 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
These incidents keep reoccuring because there are no consequences for the pirates/terrorists.

Options such as carpet bombing the somali coastline (a mite severe perhaps), or sending in tornados and destroy all boats and ships within a 30 mile radius of any event.

These incidents happen because stupid tourists think the whole world is like the UK only farther away and the high seas are just a big Windermere.
You want to see some of the knobs that put out to sea here.

Mark Allanson - 21/11/09 at 05:52 PM

I agree, but if the pirates KNEW they would die if they kidnapped or siezed vessels, the practice would probably die down.

We as a country seem to appease and grovel these days, can you imagine if Argentina invaded the Falklands today instead of 30 years ago - we would probably be sending them millions in compensation.

Peteff - 21/11/09 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
Is just me or is this incident just a little bit hinky ?

Too much NCIS I think
Send a carrier with some big guns and aeroplanes to make a point.
They may be being used as bait or as an excuse to wipe some of the pirates out in reprisal.

[Edited on 21/11/09 by Peteff]

Rek - 21/11/09 at 07:37 PM

I believe that we've quietly decided to only have one new Aircraft carrier rather than the original two. As if we had two we couldnt afford to put JSF on them...

Ivan - 22/11/09 at 08:01 AM

As I understand it the piracy is big business for first world insurance companies with increased premiums and a whole host of bankers and middle men arranging the money exchange with a cut for each of the handlers in the transaction.

All the above are very influential so you are unlikely to see a political will to do anything until something completely outrageous happens.

Ninehigh - 22/11/09 at 09:13 AM

Send in a few people with gps trackers in them, or Ross Kemp he managed to find them!

We need "Ross Kemp in search of Osama Bin Laden" to hit our screens and really wee America off!

Oh yeah and how long have these pirates been operating? Didn't they know?

40inches - 25/11/09 at 03:51 PM

We could organise a group buy for this CRUISE

Steve G - 26/11/09 at 09:28 PM

Leave them there - stupid fools sailing in that area when piracy has been rife for ages!! 2 less idiots in the UK anyway - absolutely no sympathy for them.

Still, can we rip up the rule book that the navy has to operate under just in case they breach the pirate's "human rights" and let them have some target practice??

Ninehigh - 4/12/09 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
Still, can we rip up the rule book that the navy has to operate under just in case they breach the pirate's "human rights" and let them have some target practice??

Imho the moment you decide to take away someone's human rights (kidnap them, rob their house etc) then you lose your rights

scootz - 14/11/10 at 11:22 AM

Reports they've been released coming through... sketchy, but claims of a $1 million ransom having been paid. Delighted they are safe, but WHO THE HELL PAID THE RANSOM?

zilspeed - 14/11/10 at 06:19 PM

Was it you ?

martyn_16v - 17/11/10 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

Budget says no

Ninehigh - 19/11/10 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

Budget says no

Maybe the shipping companies should pay 2 people to sit on the bridge with a sniper rifle. I'd do it