Board logo

.50 cal desrt eagle and girls don't mix
mad-butcher - 22/10/09 at 04:50 PM

as title
.50 cal desert eagle and girls don't mix

tony

David Jenkins - 22/10/09 at 05:44 PM

I have fired a 44 Magnum version of one of those - they are horrendous...

...only suitable for pillocks who wish to tell the world that they have a big willy... even if it's really the size of a pencil...

[Edited on 22/10/09 by David Jenkins]

mad-butcher - 22/10/09 at 05:55 PM

Strange you make that comparison,
my wife bought a pajero 2.8 turbo from a 4 x 4 dealer big bull bar, ladder, huge spotlights all the add on bits, she reckoned the same but phrased it as all show no go.

tony

JoelP - 22/10/09 at 06:32 PM

people do seem obsessed with ranking peoples actions on the todger table, but i suspect some people just like big guns, and others big trucks. One day i'll make a big truck with a BIG gun on it, naturally shaped like el phalus.

David Jenkins - 22/10/09 at 07:45 PM

My comment was due to the fact that it's huge (for a pistol), weighs something ridiculous (you wouldn't want to carry it in a holster all day, for example), it's almost impossible to cock it (the springs on the slide are so heavy) and the recoil is unmanageable. A practical weapon it is not - If I wanted extreme fire-power I'd rather carry a carbine.

For comparison, I've also shot a 44 Magnum revolver (Ruger, IIRC) and that was sweet to use - fierce, but manageable.

So, all in all, the Desert Eagle is just an Israeli-made show-off weapon...

(Just realised that I sound like a USA gun freak - I used to shoot target pistol for fun, nothing fanatical, honest! )

[Edited on 22/10/09 by David Jenkins]

RK - 23/10/09 at 12:24 AM

But obviously very useful for hitting people over the head with.

Mr Whippy - 23/10/09 at 07:46 AM

She was so skinny I was surprised she managed to keep the gun off the ground

MikeR - 23/10/09 at 08:59 AM

I've fired one, didn't think it was much different to the .45 i fired before it.

(got an afternoon in a gun range in america when on tour - the entire staff where amazed i'd been trained to shoot a bow & kept asking "isn't that dangerous"? errr, excuse me, you've just given a complete stranger i pistol and bullets!!!!!!

What made me laugh was health and safety laws meant i had to wash my hands before i left due to the lead in the bullets.

40inches - 23/10/09 at 12:34 PM

OT but impresive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDSwdZNbaGY&feature=related

scootz - 23/10/09 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I have fired a 44 Magnum version of one of those - they are horrendous...

...only suitable for pillocks who wish to tell the world that they have a big willy... even if it's really the size of a pencil...

They're not THAT bad... size / weight takes a bit of getting used to, but they're reasonably accurate at ranges that other pistols struggle with.

scootz - 23/10/09 at 06:49 PM

Just watched the clip... f*cking idiots! Shouldn't be firing any weapon in an environment like that - especially not something like that and definitely not by someone who looks about as familiar with firearms as a donkey!

Crazy!

They're lucky she never stuck another one in her head (or even over her head... what goes up - must come down!).

MikeRJ - 23/10/09 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

They're not THAT bad... size / weight takes a bit of getting used to, but they're reasonably accurate at ranges that other pistols struggle with.

Are you talking about a big willy or a Desert Eagle pistol?

scootz - 23/10/09 at 07:02 PM

Lol... BOTH!