Board logo

refurbed?
02GF74 - 25/9/09 at 08:36 AM

is it worth the saving of £ 144 quid for a refurb when you can buy brand new instead?

£2,400.00 refurb

£2544.00 new

???

Refurbished products are 100% OK and therefore we can offer them with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. There is nothing wrong with these products! All refurbished products are sealed with an authentic Canon seal!

We just can't sell a refurbished item as new because...

- ...it was used as demo product (at trade fairs etc.), or

- ...the outside carton box was slightly damaged during transportation (and then replaced by a neutral brown packaging), or

- ...it was sold and the box was opened. Then the item got returned to Canon.

Upon return to our facility, a product of this type is put through a full set of functional test procedures, cleaned, repaired (if needed), and refreshed with a set of in-box materials (manuals, accessories, cables...) and sealed. The packaging of the product may either be the original Canon packaging or a neutral (brown) packaging. The core product itself may (exceptionally) contain minor cosmetic blemishes.

MautoK - 25/9/09 at 09:19 PM

How much!

In my 'umble existence £144 would be a lot to pay for a camera, leave alone the new/refurb differential.

Nash - 26/9/09 at 08:50 AM

The lens carries a lot of that money. The L series lenses are very good but you do pay for the beast.

You should be able to pick the 5d body up for less then £1700.

For that money range I would be looking for a 2nd hand 3Ds MkII

IMHO

..........Neil

CraigJ - 26/9/09 at 09:13 AM

£2500 for a camera? you can build 10 cars for that.

02GF74 - 26/9/09 at 11:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CraigJ
£2500 for a camera? you can build 10 cars for that.

quite possibly, but even if you had 20 or 200 cars , they're not gonna take good pictures are they.

CraigJ - 26/9/09 at 02:36 PM

got a camera on my phone. that does it for me lol.

MikeR - 26/9/09 at 04:33 PM

there is the argument that the referbs are actually better than the 'new'. They're taken apart by trained professionals, everything is checked and reassembled. The 'new' cameras are put together by monkeys in a factory.

Personally ..... i'd love one of those cameras. For now i'm stuck with a 450d (and i'm not finding its limits so no benefit upgrading apart from snob factor)

Ninehigh - 27/9/09 at 08:03 AM

Missus has a Nikon D60, when we first got it I took 3 pictures of the same thing, one with the camera on my phone, one with a standard digital camera and one with the D60. The differences were amazing, cameras on phones look shite in comparison