Board logo

OT Quake live
Irony - 21/9/09 at 09:38 AM

If any of you like me are a self admitted geek and you love/loved computer games then you will remember Quake! A glorious 3D shooter and in my opinion spawned the purest 3D shooter deathmatch matchmaking experience ever created, Quake 3 Arena and Team Arena. This was about 2000 or 2001.

Misty eyedness over I am happy to say that Quake 3 can now be played live over the internet, in a Window of internet explorer!! If you go full screen mode you get a amazing 3D match making experience.

Cost of this GENIUS thing - FREE

Except the 10min skill level session at the start its amazing

www.quakelive.com

MikeRJ - 21/9/09 at 10:52 AM

It's a cracking game, though doesn't seem to work here at work (I wonder why!). It was mentioned in a recent online gaming thread very recently however.

Irony - 21/9/09 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
It's a cracking game, though doesn't seem to work here at work (I wonder why!). It was mentioned in a recent online gaming thread very recently however.

I saw that thread actually but when I spotted it Quakelive hadn't been mentioned. Your probably behind some sort of evil firewall server type thing at your work! Which is why you can't play. Bloody IT people!!!

RoadkillUK - 22/9/09 at 09:56 AM

RoadkillUK if you want to add me