Board logo

virgin media
woodster - 11/9/09 at 12:09 PM

from last nights watch dog ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph8HmOJWWfY

some sad stories from people who have had family members die and the problems they have had trying to sort their virgin accounts out ..... they have done a protest record

[Edited on 11/9/09 by woodster]

MikeR - 11/9/09 at 12:15 PM

my experience of virgin is they're fab when it works, blooming awful when it doesn't.

Had my system installed 10 years ago. Had 2 maybe 3 problems in that time.

Heard a comment last night that Virgin take the data protection act very seriously and therefore can only discuss things with certain people. Wasn't completely listening but .... errr ... if they're dead you're going to have a lot of issues discussing it with them!

mistergrumpy - 11/9/09 at 03:03 PM

I have internet and phone with them that more than not works fine but every now and then the internet gets a DNS error and won't work and it'll happen once a week for 3 or 4 weeks and that's where the problem is. You ring up and straight to Mumbai who have no idea and are just followinga flow diagram on a screen.
The customer service is absolutely shocking. The only evantual way I get someone to do anything is by selecting the option that says terminate my account.
It's a bit like voting for the government here. If there was a better alternative then I'd take them but looking round just disappoints.

mangogrooveworkshop - 11/9/09 at 05:43 PM

Shush dont wake the poor lad

Ninehigh - 12/9/09 at 10:29 AM

Their V+ box isn't much better, sometimes takes 45 seconds to respond to pressing a button. Great when your lad switches off what you're watching as he picks it up and it takes you 5 minutes to put it back on!