Board logo

darren brown predicts the lottery numbers!
omega0684 - 10/9/09 at 08:56 PM

again only in the sun, unbelievable!

flak monkey - 10/9/09 at 09:06 PM

Its all a hoax, and only can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDWHUPF_s8

Its all screwing with your mind just like any 'magic'

I bet his 'explaination' tomorrow will be a load of ball as well

[Edited on 10/9/09 by flak monkey]

Peteff - 10/9/09 at 10:57 PM

If I knew the numbers in advance I wouldn't be making a tv programme about it, I'd be at the newsagent with a pound coin in my sweaty palm filling out a ticket. Send me tomorrow's euro millions numbers please.

iank - 11/9/09 at 06:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
If I knew the numbers in advance I wouldn't be making a tv programme about it, I'd be at the newsagent with a pound coin in my sweaty palm filling out a ticket. Send me tomorrow's euro millions numbers please.

Indeed, and the proof so many scams are scams.

There are only two possibilities - either he forced the numbers (magician term for making the outcome happen to match the prediction) or the 'prediction' was made after the numbers were drawn.

cd.thomson - 11/9/09 at 07:53 AM

tbf Derren Brown does describe himself as an illusionist and his programs mainly center around "this is how I tricked you".

I dont think he'd ever suggest what he did was legit, people should watch his interview with dawkins and how he talks about people who claim to do it for real. He even mentions people who say they can predict the lottery, but dont because it wouldnt be "right" haha

02GF74 - 11/9/09 at 09:16 AM

quote:
And as the real winning six balls - 2, 11, 23, 28, 35, 39 - were revealed over on BBC1 at 10.35pm, he showed his were the same in a simultaneous broadcast.

err, so this broadcast was live or prerecorded?

Liam - 11/9/09 at 01:02 PM

Deary me. His stage play is normally pretty convincing, but his 'acting' here was terrible! And what exactly would revealing a prediction of lottery numbers have to do with the BBC's right to announce the actual result? Just a lame excuse for not showing his prediction until after the draw (because of course he didn't really make such a prediction).

Still, though I'm no real fan - I find the magicians' tricks dressed up with all the 'I'm so intelligent I can manipulate your mind' psychological bullsh** really annoying - I'd be surprised if he'd stooped as low as simple camera trickery as that youtube link suggests. He may have the last laugh in that respect.

I wonder if tonight's show will be a genuine reveal of the trick, or whether it will be an hour of the psychological bullsh** trying to convince us he really made the prediction? From that oh-so casual sounding, just-slipped-out (but very obviously intended to be heard) remark about representing a year of work, and the suggestion we can all try it at home, I'd predict the latter, though of course, try we might, nobody without Derren's amazing abilities is actually going to successfully implement his 'technique'.

Jasper - 12/9/09 at 02:02 PM

Well, so did you see how he did it?

Guy really is a true genius, kinds of has you almost believeing in the psychic stuff (which he REALLY doesn't believe in himself) then right at the end kind of owns up to fixing the machine - as much as he can without getting into trouble I suppose. End of the day the guy is an entertainer first, and that is what he always does so brilliantly.

And it probably did take him a long time to be able to set up fixing the machine ......

[Edited on 12/9/09 by Jasper]

MikeRJ - 12/9/09 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Well, so did you see how he did it?

Guy really is a true genius, kinds of has you almost believeing in the psychic stuff (which he REALLY doesn't believe in himself) then right at the end kind of owns up to fixing the machine - as much as he can without getting into trouble I suppose.

He didn't fix the machine, this is typical Derren Brown...misdirection doing the trick and then more misdirection when explaining it.

Ninehigh - 13/9/09 at 06:55 AM

Well you lot keep watching it and he'll keep being paid to do it...