Board logo

Album recommendation
flak monkey - 30/8/09 at 05:11 PM

If you haven't heard it already, the newest DreamTheatre album - Black Clouds and Silver Linings - is excellent.

For those that dont know, its modern prog rock/metal.

Excellent production and some great stereo testers

Benzine - 30/8/09 at 06:24 PM

dream theater haven't written anything good for a decade since scenes from a memory

HTH

flak monkey - 30/8/09 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
dream theater haven't written anything good for a decade since scenes from a memory

HTH

Their newest one is pretty good though.

Alright here's one you will agree with no doubt

Opeth - Blackwater Park.

I dug it out yesterday and if you like the heavier, darker side of metal, well worth a listen

Benzine - 31/8/09 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Their newest one is pretty good though.

Alright here's one you will agree with no doubt

Opeth - Blackwater Park.

I dug it out yesterday and if you like the heavier, darker side of metal, well worth a listen

Blackwater park is good, maybe ranks about opeth's fifth or sixth best for me although most seem to put it much higher, I just can't stand the first couple of mins of the funeral portrait and I don't like Bleak. Blackwater park and drapery falls stand out as awesome songs but it doesn't feel like an album to me, more a collection of songs, whereas earlier opeth albums fit together as one. Nothing matches Still Life for atmosphere ^_^ Even Opeth that ranks low down is still better than most things

Some good loud metal to test your speakers:

Cult of Luna - Salvation (track 1 ftw)
Morgion - Cloaked by Ages, Crowned in Earth
Jesu - Silver
Portal - Outre

I wish I had a flip hot audio system, I think I'd want to listen to Emperor - the loss and curse of reverence very loud first m/ >.< m/