Board logo

Who's going to believe this bloke ?
Peteff - 4/8/09 at 01:52 PM

I just had a phone call from a very foreign sounding gentleman claiming to be speaking to me on behalf of Visa and Mastercard. He said his name is.....
Jude Law

carpmart - 4/8/09 at 03:23 PM

I bet he also asked about the weather?

and......... if you saw Eastenders last night!

graememk - 4/8/09 at 06:35 PM

i had a indian chap call me to say i havent paid my electric bill and that i could pay it over the phone...... yeah i dont think so

GrumpyOne - 5/8/09 at 08:53 AM

Working from home I get all of them on the phone, utility bills, Weatherseal, boiler room scams etc. But the one I like most is the debt reducers.
They call up asking (in broken English) if you have debts of more than £15,000 because they run a scheme approved by the government to reduce my debt.
Told them to F*****F the first few times, now if I have the time I play along, let them give me the speell, then when they get to the end and start asking for money to set up a Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA) I tell them it's not legal in Scotland and what a shame. Amazing how many hang up on me.

We had our windows put in by Weatherseal about a year ago, now I reagulary get 8 - 10 calls per week from them trying to sell me windows. Again told them to sod off initially, now I make appointments with their reps and when they come out the house I point to the windows and tell them there must be some mistake, really hacks them off

Ninehigh - 15/8/09 at 09:03 AM

What you do is ask who they are and what company they're calling from etc, then say "Hold on a second I'll just go and get him"

put the phone on the table and go make a cuppa or something. Check that they've hung up after 5 mins.

Had one bloke called "Elizabeth" too, eventually admitted it was his name he picked it off a list!

But the best one of all was when I was on holiday, let them go through it all while I'm lying in the sun and then hit them with it:
"Oh by the way do you know where you're calling?"
"I have here you're in Warrington"
"True but I'm in Tenerife right now, do you know how much it is to call a mobile in north africa?"
"No"
"It's £2.40 a minute"
*click*

Pmsl all the way to the bar