clairetoo - 7/7/09 at 08:00 PM

A better vid of it here - the slo-mo is amazing

iank - 7/7/09 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adam1985
wow have you seen this one

drag bike

Two of the comments

"He oviusly lost his hand, look at his arm and the floor it looks liek a glove, I dont doubt it could cut your arm right off "

"this rider later died at the hospital. he suffered internal injuries from the shock wave of the engine letting go. his wrist was the least of his worries"

David Jenkins - 7/7/09 at 08:17 PM

I must admit that if I was foolish enough to ride one of those beasts I'd want steel or kevlar between the engine and my body parts!

Claire - didn't you say that you used to ride that sort of thing?

[Edited on 7/7/09 by David Jenkins]

iank - 7/7/09 at 08:22 PM

Very impressed by the driver of this one staying so calm after his engine went bang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jN0bqL9cM0&NR=1

omega0684 - 7/7/09 at 08:52 PM

both of those are insane,

was the tractor running NOS? i just wondered cuz there was a green flash before the engine blew, also did you see the size of the 2 turbos in the front F**K ME, they were MASSIVE!

clairetoo - 7/7/09 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I must admit that if I was foolish enough to ride one of those beasts I'd want steel or kevlar between the engine and my body parts!

Claire - didn't you say that you used to ride that sort of thing?

[Edited on 7/7/09 by David Jenkins]

This is pretty much what I used to get up to at weekends - LINKY - never had a major engine blow-up , luckily

MikeRJ - 7/7/09 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
Two of the comments

"He oviusly lost his hand, look at his arm and the floor it looks liek a glove, I dont doubt it could cut your arm right off "

"this rider later died at the hospital. he suffered internal injuries from the shock wave of the engine letting go. his wrist was the least of his worries"

Don't take much notice of youtube comments, they are mostly written by 13 year olds who wouldn't know the truth if it leapt out of a bike engine and ripped their hand off.

iank - 8/7/09 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Two of the comments

Don't take much notice of youtube comments, they are mostly written by 13 year olds who wouldn't know the truth if it leapt out of a bike engine and ripped their hand off.

But occasionally people who know what they're talking about/were there make comments.

Second one sounds like it was written by someone who has seen a news report or is a drag bike fan and knows the history. I watched again and the first one looks about right, though I'm too squeamish to freeze frame the 'glove' flying off.

Any comment that starts a 'you're gay, you're full of s***' war gets filtered straight away as I concur with your general view.