Board logo

Ricky Hattons Lean Mean Toaster Machine
liam.mccaffrey - 5/5/09 at 06:43 PM

Apparantly no good after the first round

mistergrumpy - 5/5/09 at 07:06 PM

Not sure that joke would work up North. I only recently heard the phrase 'rounds of toast' I think it's a Southern thing, like elevensies and morning tea.

Ninehigh - 5/5/09 at 07:48 PM

You've never heard of a round of toast? Do you live in Bolton castle and entertain the Queen or something?

You'll be telling us you don't know what a chippy is next!

*Prances off Homer style*

Peteff - 5/5/09 at 07:55 PM

Toast comes in slices, what yer on about ? Dinner is a mid day meal and tea time is when the kids come home from school.

Ninehigh - 5/5/09 at 07:57 PM

Round = slice

Lunch = dinner for posh people

Dinner can also = tea for not-working class people too

mistergrumpy - 5/5/09 at 08:18 PM

What Pete says. Was only the last 8-10 months or so I heard it being called a round of toast. It's the language of the posh you see, it don't settle with me
Edited to add as I understood it a round was like a serving of toast so whatever comes out of the toaster in one go is a round!?

[Edited on 5/5/09 by mistergrumpy]

iank - 5/5/09 at 08:20 PM

Thought a round was 2 slices...

Ninehigh - 5/5/09 at 08:20 PM

My dad says round of toast... He's about as posh as a flat cap and a walk t'shop

JoelP - 5/5/09 at 08:53 PM

awesome, that means im posh dinner to me is whatever meal you have that is hot, which for me is at tea time (undoubtedly less healthy than main meal at mid day though).

Lunch is what you have on a lunch break

not heard of a round of toast though

[Edited on 5/5/09 by JoelP]

MikeRJ - 5/5/09 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
awesome, that means im posh dinner to me is whatever meal you have that is hot, which for me is at tea time (undoubtedly less healthy than main meal at mid day though).

Lunch is what you have on a lunch break

Agreed, except at tea time I drink a tasty hot beverage and sometimes have a biscuit with it

Ninehigh - 5/5/09 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
dinner to me is whatever meal you have that is hot

So a full english breakfast would be dinner then?

Anyway Mr. Hatton. Most other boxers I've seen in the past few years win a few, become a sensation then disappear when they take a beating. At least he's taken two, and whatever he wants to do now is fine by me

adithorp - 5/5/09 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
What Pete says. Was only the last 8-10 months or so I heard it being called a round of toast. It's the language of the posh you see, it don't settle with me
Edited to add as I understood it a round was like a serving of toast so whatever comes out of the toaster in one go is a round!?

[Edited on 5/5/09 by mistergrumpy]

Think you've just led a sheltered life. Toast came in rounds as long as I can remember.

adrian

Peteff - 5/5/09 at 11:08 PM

Whatever your interpretation I'd rather have a round of toast than go a round with Ricky Hatton whether he lost or not, he got in there and did it and fair play to him. I don't follow or condone boxing but he has my respect without anyone taking shots at him for a cheap laugh.