Board logo

The Apprentice: is it just me?
David Jenkins - 1/5/09 at 08:54 PM

My wife likes to watch The Apprentice - all I can see is a bunch of arrogant, shouting and obnoxious plonkers who I'd never want to meet in a month of Sundays! I certainly wouldn't want to waste my evenings watching them scratching each others' eyes out...

Or are they really wonderful people that I should try to sympathise with? (NOT!)

tendoshingan - 1/5/09 at 09:13 PM

First series of this was the best, with the people who were on looking the most genuine and not trying to look like they are the best (ie a prick on camera).
Reminds me of what Big Brother became

RK - 2/5/09 at 01:30 AM

The only good part is Sir Alan. The others are people you wouldn't want working for you, and certainly wouldn't want to work FOR.

PaulBuz - 2/5/09 at 08:28 AM

I'll sum them up in one sentence.
What sort of plonker thinks its a good idea to sell a breakfast cereal linked to underpants

Peteff - 2/5/09 at 04:32 PM

Never watched it, never gonna. Along with all the soaps and "reality" and "celebrity" crap they insult our intelligence with.

David Jenkins - 2/5/09 at 04:37 PM

That just about sums up my take on it - I hear all the ranting on the TV in the other room, and stay well away...

MautoK - 2/5/09 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Never watched it, never gonna. Along with all the soaps and "reality" and "celebrity" crap they insult our intelligence with.

Another sane human!

NigeEss - 3/5/09 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MautoK
quote:

Another sane human!

Hear hear ! (or is it here here)

eccsmk - 3/5/09 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
quote:
quote:

Another sane human!

and another !!
there is far too much on here to read through anyway

Vindi_andy - 5/5/09 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eccsmk
quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
quote:
quote:

Another sane human!

and another !!
there is far too much on here to read through anyway

Also here.

Sometimes get subjected to it when I have to do something in the lounge and wife is watching it. I end up getting distracted from what I am doing and shouting at the telly

Ninehigh - 5/5/09 at 07:39 PM

I refuse to watch anything along these lines, and if anyone puts it on I don't even look up from my laptop

JoelP - 5/5/09 at 08:54 PM

i love the show, certainly no worse than a movie

Ninehigh - 5/5/09 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
i love the show, certainly no worse than a movie

No blood, sex, fast cars, guns, explosions... Not even an old-fashioned punch up. What movies are you watching that are as good as a bunch of satchels arguing about who's done poo at selling stuff?

Benzine - 6/5/09 at 07:20 AM

Genuinely depresses me, all the worst qualities in humans packed neatly into one show

carpmart - 6/5/09 at 10:23 PM

Your all wrong I'm afraid!

It makes you feel good to watch this kind of show from time-to-time!

The reason being that I quite simply realise how normal and lucky I am to live the life I do rather than the sad self centered existence that these individuals live!

So, in a 'nut shell', it makes me feel good!

David Jenkins - 7/5/09 at 07:51 AM

My wife forgot last night's episode, and missed it (hurrah!). It's repeated tonight (booo!).

I haven't told her that it's on tonight... (snigger...).

David Jenkins - 15/5/09 at 10:29 AM

It's getting worse - the wife asked me to get the last episode up on the BBC iPlayer, because she missed it the night before...

...there's no hope!

(I went in the garage for some peace...)