Board logo

Dead kestrel removed from aerial on top of house
02GF74 - 23/3/09 at 08:39 AM

and other not so funny ones, all in a month's work for the Bucks fire brigade

DarrenW - 23/3/09 at 09:09 AM

It amazes me how many times they are called for what i would class is a waste of time. oK - its hard to understand the full story from a basic resume, but surely if a boy is locked inside a shed - you bust it open, get him out then repair the shed.

Baby locked in a car was probs distressing for the mother. I bet it was more distressing for the father later when he got home to find their family car has no roof

David Jenkins - 23/3/09 at 09:14 AM

I'm just wondering how a girl could get her finger stuck in a bicycle chain...

Peteff - 23/3/09 at 09:19 AM

It seems thy have a problem there that needs addressing, someone wants locking up.

DIY Si - 23/3/09 at 02:52 PM

Friday 27 October, 6.29pm: Microwave oven fire (potato caught fire while being cooked), School Close, High Wycombe. One appliance and crew from High Wycombe attended. Firefighters ventilated the area and provided fire safety advice.

Eh? How the hell do you manage that then?

Guinness - 23/3/09 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
Friday 27 October, 6.29pm: Microwave oven fire (potato caught fire while being cooked), School Close, High Wycombe. One appliance and crew from High Wycombe attended. Firefighters ventilated the area and provided fire safety advice.

Simple when you know how. My dad was babysitting one day, decided to make jacket potatoes for lunch. Wrapped the jackets in kitchen roll, then put them in a plastic container. Set phasers to kill for 15 minutes.

He was alerted by the smoke alarm going crazy as the microwave was engulfed in flames.

We have since redecorated the kitchen, bought a new microwave, added more smoke alarms and fitted a fire extinguisher by the kitchen door.

He didn't call the brigade out either!

Mike

Ninehigh - 26/3/09 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si

"A potato needs about 10 minutes in a microwave, not 45!"