Board logo

starving in morning after a HUGE meal
02GF74 - 27/2/09 at 08:39 AM

Anyone notice this?

If one goes a curry in the evening, have the mixed starter selection, 3 popadoms with the mango chutney and lime pickle, main course, rice, peshwari nan bread and cauliflower bhaji with a couple of Cobra beers, in otherwords 120% stuffed, when one wakes up in the morning, one is absolutely starving?

My theory is the body goes into digestion overdrive to soak up the food and then remains in this mode when one wakes up hence the feeling of starvation.

Anyone know if there is some medical evidence to support this ground breaking theory?

David Jenkins - 27/2/09 at 09:11 AM

Tapeworm...

MikeR - 27/2/09 at 09:33 AM

You've stretched your stomach with all that food - now its stretched it can hold more, when you wake up its REALLY empty so your body says "FEED ME".

Normally you wake up and its empty but as its smaller its less actually empty so your body only says "feed me".

Mr Whippy - 27/2/09 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
You've stretched your stomach with all that food - now its stretched it can hold more, when you wake up its REALLY empty so your body says "FEED ME".

Normally you wake up and its empty but as its smaller its less actually empty so your body only says "feed me".

exactly, you've probably now got more stomach capacity than a cow, stuffing your face like that is definitely the way to end up being mistaken for a beached whale

DIY Si - 27/2/09 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR

exactly, you've probably now got more stomach capacity than a cow, stuffing your face like that is definitely the way to end up being mistaken for a beached whale

That's not stuffing your face. At an all you can eat type chinese buffet, I normally eat 3 or 4 full plates of food and have a few beers. Oh, and ice cream and jelly for afters if my niece is there.