Board logo

I'm going deeef... I hope!!
dogwood - 16/2/09 at 06:40 PM

I think my wife just said she turning into a "Remote controlled sauage"

I know I'm going deaf...
But I'm frightened to ask her to repeat it incase that IS what she said....

David ...A Wot Pardon!!!

DarrenW - 16/2/09 at 10:51 PM

You heard your wife! WOW. Do they all indulge in the surreal comments....?

dogwood - 17/2/09 at 08:42 AM

That's what I'm worried about....

DarrenW - 18/2/09 at 04:19 PM

In a slightly related note - does everyone elses wife etc insist on starting a conversation when you are reading something then go mad when you havent been listening properly, or stop them to say you are reading and they are being rude!

Peteff - 18/2/09 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
In a slightly related note - does everyone elses wife etc insist on starting a conversation when you are reading something then go mad when you havent been listening properly, or stop them to say you are reading and they are being rude!

You have much to learn grasshopper

dogwood - 18/2/09 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:

You have much to learn grasshopper

30 plus years together, and I still get it wrong.
Yes dear...No dear....Of course dear....
YES??????????
er um erm.....I mean "No dear"

David Jenkins - 18/2/09 at 07:29 PM

quote:

My wife starts conversations when she's 2 rooms away, and THEN accuses me of not listening.

Now I just say "I can't hear you" in a normal voice, and when she says "pardon" I reply with "exactly".

MikeRJ - 18/2/09 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
My wife starts conversations when she's 2 rooms away, and THEN accuses me of not listening.

At least you get the accusation at the same time she's speaking to you, I get blamed for not listening to stuff she has apparently told me days ago.

The human brain is remarkably good at filtering out extraneous sounds that contain no information such as white noise and wives

David Jenkins - 18/2/09 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
At least you get the accusation at the same time she's speaking to you, I get blamed for not listening to stuff she has apparently told me days ago.

My usual reply to that is "was I in the room when you told me?"

dogwood - 18/2/09 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
My usual reply to that is "was I in the room when you told me?"

Yea I know that one...
I do the "was I in the same country"..
(check out my location)

Do you have the "You never listen to a word I say, you are always on that bloody forum"........

U Hu !! Yes Dear..

David

RK - 19/2/09 at 01:59 PM

"If a man speaks in the forest, and nobody is there to hear him, is he still wrong?

"Yes, because it's fundamental"

Guess what sex made that last one up?

David Jenkins - 19/2/09 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RK
"If a man speaks in the forest, and nobody is there to hear him, is he still wrong?

"Yes, of course he is!" - according to a (female) neighbour of mine...

Hellfire - 21/2/09 at 08:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RK

"Yes, because it's fundamental"

Guess what sex made that last one up?

Is that a trick question? FUN do MENTAL...

Steve