Board logo

Anybody use Utility Warehouse
DarrenW - 20/1/09 at 10:51 AM

As title - just wondering if anyone uses Utility Warehouse to get their electric / gas / phone / broadband etc. Any good? Been offered it recently but they arent heard of much up North. On face value it looks quite good (ie savings). Can also get a 5% discount (cashback) card for some high street retailers which also seems interesting.

Marcus - 21/1/09 at 01:29 PM

I use it, been with them for about 2 years now and very pleased with the service. The only thing I don't have with them is broadband (I get it free with Orange anyway)
I must admit I've not made use of any of the discounts, but so far, so good.

DarrenW - 21/1/09 at 03:10 PM

Hi Marcus,

How did you get to know about it? Reason im asking is that i have the chance to become an authorised distributor for them but as they arent well known in my area interested to know a little more about peoples experiences.

So far ive been told that its a club, and hence has a monthly subscription wich is very low. They are a kind of dual fuel company but can offer a range of telecommunications packages that are also cheap. Basically several services rolled into one to offer combined lower bills but with excellent customer service at their call centre.

Have you continued shopping around for utilities? interested to know if they have conistently continued to stay cheaper than anyone else?

They almost sound too good to be true which makes me cautious but it sounds like they dont pay for advertising, costly staff, subscriptions to price comparison sites etc so can pass on the savings to their customers.

welderman - 21/1/09 at 10:10 PM

yep good service here, i even got a birthday card from Pauline the lady who signed me up..
Well funny me and the Mrs pi$$ed ourselves laughing when i got it.

Marcus - 22/1/09 at 01:21 PM

TBH I haven't shopped around since signing up, although i must have had 10 phone calls from old suppliers promising to beat their prices!!
A firend of mine has become a distributor, and gets comission for each signup, AND a bit from the bills of those he's signed up. Asked me if i wanted to give it a go, but I'm too busy (lazy!) to commit.
He's got quite a few signed up now, whic pays for most of his energy / phone bills!
It's almost a pyramid sales thing as he gets a cut from anyone he's signed up as a distributor!! (and their customers..)