Board logo

Asimo (Honda robot)
PaulBuz - 14/12/08 at 05:20 PM

Check out the latest version.
Very,very clever.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3C5sc8b3xM&feature=PlayList&p=BBCAEF600EA84C54&index=0&playnext=1

mistergrumpy - 14/12/08 at 06:00 PM

Very cool that. Anyone know is it pre programmed or remotely controlled. I suspect the first. 50 years time and it'll be looked upon as very crude. Like the first calculator.

jacko - 14/12/08 at 06:09 PM

The wife is getting rid of me and getting one of them

Fantastic feet of engineering

Get it feet

JoelP - 14/12/08 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Very cool that. Anyone know is it pre programmed or remotely controlled. I suspect the first. 50 years time and it'll be looked upon as very crude. Like the first calculator.

i believe they tell it what to do, and it works out how to do it.

locogeoff - 15/12/08 at 01:13 AM

Now I know I'm just being a big sap here, but I've always thought it looked a bit lonely in the Honda advert when it was looking round the museum, especially when it waved at the spacesuit.

[Sap mode off]
But one day, instead of performing a command it's just going to turn to the operator and give them the finger, at that they must grind it to bits...

[Edited on 15/12/08 by locogeoff]

Mr Whippy - 15/12/08 at 08:08 AM

its cool but they should give it more legs and arms, why limit it on our design?

why not make it four legged so it can run fast but have arms like a centaur? or something like species 8472 off voyager?

or like an insect creature such as the shadows? Rescued attachment shadow.jpg
Rescued attachment shadow.jpg

Peteff - 15/12/08 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy

It's a kid in a suit He's got his lunch in the rucksack.

cd.thomson - 15/12/08 at 10:41 AM

referencing Voyager: geeky.

instantly recognising Species 8472: I'll get my coat..