Board logo

FIRST NAPPY CHANGE EVER!
omega0684 - 11/11/08 at 12:39 PM

hi all,

as the title says ive just had to change my nephews nappy for the first time! URGH WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!

im currently at home, literally holdin the baby! parents are at work and my sister has been taken into hospital, which leaves me and the baby at home together! i have never been overly keen on babies and until Finley came along i had never even held one! he's just past three months old and getting to that cute stage when they are all happy as larry! but my god i never new babies S**T so much, i had a face mask on and everything! the smell was that bad i was wrenching and had to run to the toilet. He never stopped crying through the whole procedure! cotton balls and baby wipes everywhere and talcum power all over the place! After bathing the little bu**er and putting him in fresh clean clothes he was good as gold, stop crying straight away as soon as i stuck a bottle of milk in his mouth!

what a morning! i dont know how women do it on a daily basis! honestly fair play

[Edited on 11/11/08 by omega0684]

DarrenW - 11/11/08 at 12:49 PM

I know what you mean. I love my kids but have always been happy to go out to work! or should that be 'nappy' to go out to work!!

Looking after young babies is the best contraceptive out their and totally natural too

iank - 11/11/08 at 01:06 PM

You get used to it. If you're using disposables it easy to do in well under 30secs for boys who cooperate.

Plonk them down on a the mat, unhook the tabs, front down, legs up , couple of wipes with a babywipe, whip the old one out, new one under, legs down, front up, tabs on Kids done. Wrap up the old one and get rid asap before it stinks out the house.

Never needed cotton wool balls and talcum powder.

[Edited on 11/11/08 by iank]

DarrenW - 11/11/08 at 01:25 PM

Fantatic write up Ian

i would also recommend not putting it off too long. Once they done a stinky the mess only gets worth with time - although highly recommended to wait until they are finished too

Babies are so easy to pacify. Its usually either a change or a feed required. When they are quiet you know you have done well. When they get older its when they are quiet that you really need to worry! Its then that you start to research what the best stuff to cover up felt pen marks or clean carpets is!

davie h - 11/11/08 at 03:02 PM

just wait till you get one that spills out the sides and ends up going up the babies back and ends up everywhere

Davie

eznfrank - 11/11/08 at 06:50 PM

I look after my mates kid sometimes. If they go out for a meal they put him to bed first and then I sit around till they get back. I always have the monitor thing nearby but I'm not sure I'd have a clue what to do if he woke up or started crying.

Actually now I think about it, they always tell me he's in bed when I go round, maybe he's not even there?!?!?

MikeRJ - 11/11/08 at 07:04 PM

It's a lot easier to face when they are your own kids!

martyn_16v - 11/11/08 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
If you're using disposables it easy to do in well under 30secs for boys who cooperate.

My nephew (also Finlay) always manages to escape when I have to do it, probably a combination of him being uncooperative and me being the worlds worst nappy changer

I hope I get better at it when mine arrives

eznfrank - 11/11/08 at 08:31 PM

Hey, the one I look after is also called Finlay?!?!? Was that the name for 2007-2008?

Danozeman - 11/11/08 at 08:56 PM

quote:

i would also recommend not putting it off too long. Once they done a stinky the mess only gets worth with time - although highly recommended to wait until they are finished too

That is so true!!! It brews up like a beast!!

quote:

just wait till you get one that spills out the sides and ends up going up the babies back and ends up everywhere

Thats the worst especially when u have to peel the clothes off!!

I have never done any other kids apart from my own. Dont mind doing that but wouldnt do any one elses!

iank - 11/11/08 at 09:11 PM

Other nightmares include:
The ones who wait until the nappy is off before peeing all over you/the clean nappy.
Worse where they grab the clag filled old one fling it at the dog who tries to eat the contents. Meanwhile the little bugger has a secret handful of poo which they then proceed to wipe on you and themselves while you're distracted by the bl**dy dogs antics.

Happy days...

JoelP - 11/11/08 at 10:02 PM

this is the worst thread ever

cant believe i have this to look forward to in January!

eznfrank - 11/11/08 at 10:18 PM

After reading this thread can't see me babysitting again!! Not got any kids myself but all the above just doesn't sound like fun to me!!

I have all on just looking after our lass!!

graememk - 11/11/08 at 11:55 PM

well i was going to go up to bed to give amy one, but after reading this thred i'm going to stay her on the sofa watching family guy.

iank - 12/11/08 at 07:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
well i was going to go up to bed to give amy one, but after reading this thred i'm going to stay her on the sofa watching family guy.

Family guy is brilliant, my youngest channels Stewie all the time

02GF74 - 12/11/08 at 08:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

agreed 100%. I am cringing as I read some of the repsonses.

omega0684 - 12/11/08 at 09:59 AM

well thanks for the guidence fella's but i have to do it all again today! my sisters got suspected apendicitis and the surgeon has had to delay doing exploratory surgeury and potentially an apendectomy. so they have kept my sister in for another night!

iank - 12/11/08 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
well thanks for the guidence fella's but i have to do it all again today! my sisters got suspected apendicitis and the surgeon has had to delay doing exploratory surgeury and potentially an apendectomy. so they have kept my sister in for another night!

Hope all goes well for her!
Good luck with the baby

iank - 12/11/08 at 10:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:

It really isn't any worse than cleaning up after a pet, and at least they are happy when you're done.

Mr Whippy - 12/11/08 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:

It really isn't any worse than cleaning up after a pet, and at least they are happy when you're done.

oh dear this all sounds very nasty, Miss Whippy says we will have to go 50/50 when bringing up kids

I know which half will be hers …I’ll do the playing with toys and lego bit

hope we have boys as I fancy a big train set

[Edited on 12/11/08 by Mr Whippy]

omega0684 - 12/11/08 at 11:04 AM

massive Scalectrix! always loved scalectrix! and technic lego!

Mr Whippy - 12/11/08 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
massive Scalectrix! always loved scalectrix! and technic lego!

I've already got the Scaletrix and I get well jealous of the incredible lego stuff now...oh to be a kid again

this was the fanciest kit I had when I was wee, think it was about £40 at the time which was very expencive -

02GF74 - 12/11/08 at 01:03 PM

Lego kit? You were lucky to have a Lego kit! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, and all we had was this.

and it was just the one brick

and it wasn't proper lego but a cheap copy

iank - 12/11/08 at 01:11 PM

You were lucky, 500 of us outside in the yard and all we had was a

Mr Whippy - 12/11/08 at 01:39 PM

wow how many models did you build then with the brick?

what you need is this....free lego actually a quite amazing free program

[Edited on 12/11/08 by Mr Whippy]

omega0684 - 13/11/08 at 05:34 PM

i built this when i was 10, and it said 16+ on the box. Cost my dad a hefty £80

mind you check out this camero i just found, it looks class

[Edited on 13/11/08 by omega0684]

omega0684 - 13/11/08 at 05:47 PM

mind you i would like to have a go at building this

just had a look on ebay and they are selling for £120-£140! WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE?

Mr Whippy - 14/11/08 at 08:09 AM

now this is cleaver -

DarrenW - 14/11/08 at 09:55 AM

New Logo;

"From BECS to CECS, Nappies to Lego. Locostbuilders. Inginuity in the extreme"

Come on then - who is going to be the first to build a lego 7 for 250 in monopoly currency and race it on a scalextric track?

[Edited on 14/11/08 by DarrenW]

MikeRJ - 14/11/08 at 12:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
this was the fanciest kit I had when I was wee, think it was about £40 at the time which was very expencive -

I had the technical lego car chassis as well, complete with it's boxer engine, three speed gearbox and working rear suspension.

I converted mine to RC using a lego motor and a standard RC servo for steering, but it wasn't a great success. The puny gears and shafts don't take a lot of torque, and lego construction isn't very forgiving if you have a bump...