Board logo

need some help with a costume
mads - 9/11/08 at 12:27 PM

I'm going to a 30th birthday party and the theme is the 80's. Thinking of going as Lion-o from Thundercats.

Does anyone have a costume or know where I can get one from?

Have thought about making my own but a couple of issues are:

1) I'm not a big build so would need 'muscles' in the costume - any suggestions other than use steroids and put them on in 3 weeks.

2) Lion-o didnt wear long legged trousers and I dont think my hairy legs will help the final look - and NO, i dont want to be shaving my legs

3) Need a thundercats belt - anyone got one I could borrow or can buy one from?

4) Need the glove/sheath he has. Anyone know anything that is similar to style that I could use?

5) Need a thundercats sword. Seen stainless steel one but think I'll get arrested for having that with me in the centre of Nottingham!

Here is a picture of Lion-o for anyone who cant remember what he looks like. Going for the 1983 look obviously.

My only other alternative is to go as something else but I want it to be different/unique so let the suggestions role in.

[Edited on 9/11/08 by mads]

eznfrank - 9/11/08 at 03:29 PM

How about one of the A-team guys, they're 80's (?) and their costumes should be much easier to come by?

Peteff - 9/11/08 at 05:08 PM

Yer mam's swimming costume/leotard and tights, a weight lifting belt and a welding gauntlet with some bits stuck to it. Make a sword out of wood and silver and black gaffer tape to metallise it. By the power of Playschool !!!!

[Edited on 9/11/08 by Peteff]

Mr Whippy - 10/11/08 at 08:15 AM

do you have the build to be dressed like that...?

btw you could end up looking like a very scary Transvestite

02GF74 - 10/11/08 at 08:32 AM

just checked my wardrobe and the lion-o costume is at the cleaners otherwsie I would have lent it to you. sorry

mads - 10/11/08 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
btw you could end up looking like a very scary Transvestite

lol Mr Whippy... either that or like this chap:

As for the build... already said I dont have it!

02GF74 - let me know if you get it back from the cleaners before 29th November

Mr Whippy - 10/11/08 at 02:22 PM

PMSL

eznfrank - 11/11/08 at 10:23 PM

I need to clarify before I say this that I was not looking closely, it was our lass who noticed (not sure that's any better) that it looks like he's pissed himself a bit. Or maybe just a bit of drob nip.