Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Garage toy, and questions about it!
thomas4age

posted on 9/8/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
New Garage toy, and questions about it!

Hey all,

because of the very lousy summer we are havinf here in holland, I thought it might be a good idea to put all the money that would have went into the tank of the striker, into something usefull in the long term! (now how's that for an excuse for the mrs)

I had looked for quite some time for a small Mig full gas welder in the used parts corner, and finaly one came up.

It's a older cebora Pocket Mig, which used to run fluxcore, but was more or less rebuild for gas, but everthing was broken or not functional. it was only 125euro's so not complaining there, it's a cebora at least.

after migling with the gas valve for an hour and getting the wire feed system working well, I set of to buy a 2KG bottle and the valve and a mask
the install if the Euro ESAB mig torch was allredy done, but a few covers of the spool side of the machine where missing

this afternoon it was finally fun time, I mounted everything on a dolly I had lying around and made a new alloy cover for the spool and wire feed system and here she is.

I have a little experience in welding (very little actually) mainly because know a few lads that do it better than me but all live a long way away.

any coments on the 2 welds I did? left one is my first ever with this toy right is a little more wire feed and cleaned 2nd attempt in round tube 4103steel 1.5mmWT

Image deleted by owner

welds

fisrt 2 weld on mig-rig
fisrt 2 weld on mig-rig

any tips are most welcome expecially on gas flow rate and the gauge that tells it (what does it actually tell me)

grtz Thomas

If Lucas made guns, Wars wouldn't start either.

Confused but excited.

posted on 9/8/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Love the six wheel, all terrain, dolly.

Your welds don't look too shabby either.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

MikeR

posted on 9/8/07 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have one, the brand has a good rep and mine did my proud. Just remember its got a low duty cycle and sticking three phone exchange fans next to the transformer to increase the duty cycle works - but shortens the lifespan of the welder

If you're welding 1.6mm chassis tubes run it at full power (i'm assuming its a 90amp one like i had).

aaah the good old days - hardly weighed a thing, dead easy to move around the garage ...... sob sob.

big_wasa

posted on 9/8/07 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^

What he said

Brings back memorys. I had one of them for my first welder. I cant even remember what happened to it.

thomas4age

posted on 9/8/07 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanx for the compliment on the welds (yippie)
the All-terain dolly was build for moving the lexus V8 around the garage before it went on the enginemount, maybe it'll get properly pimped some day (headlights spoiler etc etc)

I will not be using it to weld a complete chassis with it, but only a set of mounts to get my superchargers on my engine, and other light stuff like brackets and maybe if I get the hang of it an exhaust system.
I did these welds on Low mode btw and penatration inside the tube looks good,
if good means: having a small weld inside appearing aswell?

I believe it's 125apms, at least thats what it says on the rear.

anything about the gas flow meter thingy? what does it say?

Grtz Thomas

If Lucas made guns, Wars wouldn't start either.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.