Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Press Brake Plans
andrew-theasby

posted on 16/2/07 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Press Brake Plans

Hi, has anybody got or know of any plans or sketches of a pressbrake about 4ft wide? Tried google with no luck, plenty of small ones for bending heavy bar but nothing really suitable for wide bits of thin sheet. probably only really gonna do 2mm ally at the most or thin steel. Drawn up a little sketch of something i came up with, what do you think? Any improvements?? I arent too sure about the blade, does it have to be a V going into a V or would my idea of either a round edged flat bar, or a V, going between 2 round bars work, so you could just press it to what ever angle you want? Any feedbck would be appreciated before i get welding. Thanks Rescued attachment Press brake2.jpg
Rescued attachment Press brake2.jpg

rebelrider

posted on 16/2/07 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
if it helps we have just bought a 70K new one 3meter 150 tonnes i guess not

If you are going to be doing ali for your car i would go with the round bar idea as pushin ali in to a vee scratches it unless you put some kind of pertection in there.
I use a brake press most days so id be happy to answer any questions youve got.
good luck keep us up dated your plans look like they would work you will change them as you are making it when you realise the support bars are in the way of the material your folding

Peteff

posted on 17/2/07 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
You might be better off looking for a sheet folder if you only want to do thin stuff.
http://www.integerspin.co.uk/folder.htm

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

andrew-theasby

posted on 17/2/07 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
It might end up being something like that, but i prefer the way a press brake can put bends closer together and its a bit more versatile if you want to bend one end more than the other for example, but thanks for the link. Ill post some piccys when ive got something made..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.