Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 32mm (1.25" ) pipe bending die needed
NS Dev

posted on 17/1/07 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
32mm (1.25" ) pipe bending die needed

anybody got a 1.25" or 32mm OD pipe bending die for a hydraulic pipe bender (32mm OD not nominal bore) that I can borrow for a while?

Its not a size that's used much on car stuff but I need it for the lighter non safety critical bitrs of my grasser spaceframe, will be too heavy if I plan in much more 45mm!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 17/1/07 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
probably, but theres no way i could get it out of the tool store in work, sorry

[Edited on 17/1/07 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

3GEComponents

posted on 17/1/07 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Nat, do you mean one of these? If so they're for 33mm OD, i think i've got one, i'll check and get back to you. Rescued attachment npipebend12t.jpg
Rescued attachment npipebend12t.jpg

MikeR

posted on 17/1/07 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
if a pipe one will work, David Irvine has some - and with him being in holland i'm sure a long term loan can be organised.
gazza285

posted on 18/1/07 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
You can probably get away with one inch nominal bore formers, which are 33.4mm, get MikeR to nick Mr Irvines.

If not I might have one, but for a manual bender, not a hydraulic one. I'll look and see if I have any 312 MMA rods as well.

Had a look, I've got LOHIs and 316L rods but no 312.

[Edited on 18/1/07 by gazza285]

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 18/1/07 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Gazza, have got some 312mma rods sorted from work now, and just bought a handful of 312 tig rods from a chap on ebay (as they were £80 a pack didn't fancy getting a full tubeful!!)

Mike - can you speak to Dave and see if that is ok, that die will do the trick, would be great if he can spare it for a while!!!

cheers folks

Nat

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.