Board logo

Workzone Sand Blaster Review (from Aldi)
micksalt - 4/9/15 at 07:29 AM

I've had a few of these 'middle aisle' tools, and some have been great. However, when I wore out the wire brush on the angle grinder whilst preparing some metal gates, I thought I'd give this a go. Don't bother wasting your time and money, it basically tickles the old paint. Sometimes you get lucky, but in this case, it was definitely a case of getting what you paid for.

coyoteboy - 4/9/15 at 08:37 AM

Got an image of it? I got this one a while back
Blaster
Blaster

And it's worked a treat, stripped dozens of rust manifolds and prepped loads of cam covers for painting.
Description
Description

Won't cut through the really bad stuff without hovering for a few seconds but eventually gets through and will eat the base metal. What's the workzone one like? What media did you use?

[Edited on 4/9/15 by coyoteboy]

v8kid - 4/9/15 at 12:12 PM

cyoteboy where did you get yours? what pressure and flow does it take and what grit do you use

Cheers

coyoteboy - 4/9/15 at 12:24 PM

Mine was a sealey kit, it runs at 80psi off my DIY compressor which instructions say maxes at 9.5cfm when pumping but if allowed time to charge the cyl I get 2-3 mins blasting then 2-3 mins waiting, below 40psi it's not very good. I built the box from OSB and I've been using al oxide. Also used a 150W lamp in the cabinet and a face mask because it can still get pretty dust outside.

coyoteboy - 4/9/15 at 12:25 PM

Double post

v8kid - 4/9/15 at 03:00 PM

excellent thanks