Board logo

Aaargh! My eyes!
David Jenkins - 5/7/09 at 01:10 PM

Rule 1:

When buying a cheap and cheerful inspection light from the local discount centre, don't turn it on while looking at it!

My, those LEDs are bright!

I watched some interesting sparkly patterns with my eyelids shut for 10 minutes or so...

speedyxjs - 5/7/09 at 01:25 PM

At least it wasnt an expensive one

Peteff - 5/7/09 at 01:36 PM

I read the instructions on ours "Do not look directly into LEDs" then did it anyway It has 39 of them and leaves a lasting impression.

balidey - 5/7/09 at 01:48 PM

I've just bought a laser pointer straight line thingy.
You have no idea how tempting it is to have a quick look. But so far the better part of my judgement is winning. So far.

Confused but excited. - 5/7/09 at 02:40 PM

^ Resist the temptation, unless you want to see a black dot everywhere you look for the rest of your life.

David Jenkins - 5/7/09 at 02:47 PM

laser
laser

MikeR - 5/7/09 at 03:00 PM

Friend was annoying me when I had my camera out a few weeks back. Without thinking I put the flash in her face and triggered it.

A flash rated at 43 meters isn't a good thing to fire in someones face. An hour later she still had a while spot in her eyes. I was starting to brick it that i'd done permanent damage. I hadn't but have never done it again.....

(although if ever some one attacks me and i've got the flash handy i know what i'm going to do!)

Danozeman - 5/7/09 at 03:46 PM

I thought someone had gone and got arc eye!!!

They are bad to look at them lights. Iv got a good expensive one at work. Bright as hell with 100 leds.

blakep82 - 5/7/09 at 05:16 PM

my dad got me the black and decker one at christmas. first thing i did, turn it on while looking at it...

then i said to my mum, "look at this" she looked, i turned it on, she wasn't amused. she still fell for numerous times that week.

jlparsons - 5/7/09 at 05:18 PM

reminds me of when i lived in india, you'd see blokes arc welding on construction sites with no eye protection at all. Surely you'd just go blind after a while?