Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ear plugs that actually fit well
tiffshaw

posted on 10/5/07 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Ear plugs that actually fit well

Hi

I've recently purchased a pair of these and thought i'd let you guys know about them.

Basically they are ear plugs that you mold yourself to get a perfect fitting ear plug. They are really simple to fit and have reduced to wind noise when out in the kit or on my CBR 600.

I bought them from www.earplugsthatfit.com but have recently found out they have a uk supplier at www.diycustomplugs.co.uk

The results have been impressive you can still hear your engine to change gear etc but it cuts out all the wind noise.

I know a lot of kit car drivers don't bother with plugs but I would recommend them as high frequency wind noise causes masses of damage to your ears.

ear plug
ear plug

[Edited on 10/5/07 by tiffshaw]

Aboardman

posted on 10/5/07 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
it looks like a bit of blue tac
Hellfire

posted on 10/5/07 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
I always found SparkPlugs to be good for that. They squash down, then insert into the ear canal. They then expand to fit your ear.

They are designed to cut out high and persistant frequencies but allow normal talking frequencies through.

Steve

mookaloid

posted on 10/5/07 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
I still like the good old classic. I find the longer ones are more uncomfortable to wear.

I bought a bulk order of about 200 pairs a year or so ago - My good lady uses them mostly as for some bizarre reason she seems to think that I SNORE

Cheers

mark Rescued attachment earclassic.jpg
Rescued attachment earclassic.jpg

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

02GF74

posted on 10/5/07 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
why waste your money on that?

I just take a pieve of tissue or toiler paper, unused ofcourse moisten it then wege into ear.

Used whenever Mr angle grinder comes out to play.

Locost - you know it makes sense.

hygenic to as you donl;t re-use them and cleans all the yellow gunk at same time,

Hellfire

posted on 10/5/07 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
I still like the good old classic. I find the longer ones are more uncomfortable to wear.

I bought a bulk order of about 200 pairs a year or so ago - My good lady uses them mostly as for some bizarre reason she seems to think that I SNORE

Cheers

mark

ROFLMFAO!!!!

Rob Palin

posted on 10/5/07 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Boots do ones made from beeswax (not earwax) that you can mould youself just like these but at £1.99 for 10. I went through all sorts of different types when i had nightmare neighbours and Boots' were the best. Still had to move tho
Mark Allanson

posted on 10/5/07 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid

Cheers

mark

I use these while welding especially overhead, not for the noise, but if you jhave ever has a spatterball in your ear, you know why!!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Peteff

posted on 10/5/07 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Not half, don't they fizz . Cotton wool with Vaseline is an old remedy from fettling days.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

RK

posted on 10/5/07 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
I am an audiologist with a private practice.

Cotton and toilet paper does nothing.

High frequencies are actually less harmful than low frequencies are.

Once your hearing goes due to noise exposure, it does not come back. I am not talking about temporary threshold shifts of 48 hours. Eventually it gets you. Think of the ringing you get in your ears as your cells screaming at you to stop doing damage.

The length of time of exposure is probably not that great, so unless you go 8 hours a day in a 7, you will probably not suffer too much permanent hearing loss.

I may know very little about cars, but this is a subject I know a lot about.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.