Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: £199 for Four 6.5J ET 38 With tyres, Halfords
stevec

posted on 7/1/06 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
£199 for Four 6.5J ET 38 With tyres, Halfords

This looks like a good price if you are looking for Locost wheels and tyres. They come fitted, ballanced and with wheel nuts.
What do you reckon?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&partNumber=996700

donut

posted on 7/1/06 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
I have seen those wheels in the flesh. They are nasty! very poor quality and imho look crap! BUT...good value for money as they are very very cheap.

[Edited on 7/1/06 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevec

posted on 7/1/06 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
I disagree.
graememk

posted on 7/1/06 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
for £200 you will get £200 worth of goods. . . old saying you get what you payfor. ..

however its going on a locost and in the spirt of things £200 is a good price. maybe £150 worth of tyres so £50 for the wheels isnt a bad deal after there worn out i suppose, i bet you would get £50 for wheels only on ebay.

[Edited on 07/03/77 by graememk]

bob

posted on 7/1/06 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Lets be fair,for wheels tyres and nuts itsa not a bad deal to get you going.

donut

posted on 7/1/06 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
As i said Bob it's good value for money and a deal that can't be beat but would you risk those tyres especially on our type of car?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 7/1/06 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Good point andy but then again i never drive over 70mph in the UK

donut

posted on 7/1/06 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Your as bad (or good) as me then!!

I only use the Indy to go down the post office to cash my giro...honest officer!

or was it pension?

oooh just noticed this was my 3000th post!

Andy

diyer

posted on 7/1/06 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
I think a fantastic deal!
I would not want to go further than the post office with a pinto up front! he he
all in the best possible taste!

stevec

posted on 7/1/06 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
If anyone is interseted the actual price they charge is £180 all in. I know cos I bought a set.
OK they are not OZ but They arnt bad and the tyre speed and load rating is up to the job according to the guy in the tyre dept.If hes blagging me I will visit him in the night!

JoelP

posted on 7/1/06 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
its an absolute bargain for new wheels, the dual fitting will also help sell them if you want rid.

DEAN C.

posted on 7/1/06 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
They're not a bad looking wheel but the dual centres spoil the look a bit,good for the money though.
Some of the cheaper tyres seem quite good nowadays,the Stunner tyres (about £27 at the time)Martin used on the original fireblade demo car were better than some top brand stuff.
I dropped on with my TSW Razors and Yoko 539's from Motorworld on a special deal for £299.

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

indykid

posted on 8/1/06 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
if you can find somewhere that's still got them in, (wakefield has 3 sets) the s line wheels were a better deal imo.

£32.50 a wheel, look identical to bsa cobras, but in multifit. £35 a piece for a539s.

£270 gets you 4 wheels, with 4 decent tyres. they're 16.2kgs with tyre a piece, so just over what hellfire quoted for comp cxrs iirc.

hth
tom

they would of course come without the accident damage you see in the pic

[Edited on 8/1/06 by indykid] Rescued attachment s line.jpg
Rescued attachment s line.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.