Board logo

cheap gauges???
rayward - 28/1/07 at 05:28 PM

anyone used

these

work out at £155 for the gauges,all senders and pulse generator delivered to the UK(+ any tax)

Ray

[Edited on 28/1/07 by rayward]

[Edited on 28/1/07 by rayward]

ecosse - 28/1/07 at 05:35 PM

Nope, but I just might at that money do you just need to add vat or are there other import costs?

Cheers

Alex

rayward - 28/1/07 at 05:38 PM

the bloke says IF you get stung by customs it works out to about 15%, of the value.

just oredered some anyway

see what happens!

Ray

ecosse - 28/1/07 at 05:47 PM

What does he mean by "If"?

I have heard that "gifts" which haven't been bought by the person recieving them are not due to pay vat or import tax, does he send from a private address maybe?
It would be an even better deal with no tax added.

Cheers

Alex

rayward - 28/1/07 at 06:17 PM

apparently, some people have been charged and others haven;t just luck of the draw i think

will let you know what happens when mine arrive.

Ray

BenB - 28/1/07 at 06:22 PM

If they put "gift" and put a low value on it then it might get through without a problem. If they put the true value on it the "gift" tag might get queried......

cossiebri - 28/1/07 at 06:38 PM

Found these on ebay while looking for something else.Mate bought them,superb qaulity for the price(that's £55 for FOUR gauges of your choice).The 'opening ceremony' (needles do a 270 degree sweep)when you switch on the ign is quite lairy!they are stealth gauges,so you dont see the needles etc till you switch on.
think i might get my self some

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/JDM-Trade_Performance-Meters-Gauges_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ7255493QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Werner Van Loock - 28/1/07 at 06:48 PM

Another question is if they're sva proof, like the bezel radius?

Keep us posted.

In the stylus club there's one that used the dolphin gauges. Also sold by the fella at ebay.

big_wasa - 28/1/07 at 07:10 PM

Here is the way I see the import costs.

If they come to your door via Royal Mail I have never been charged.

If they come to your door via Parcel Force then I have been stung every time.

Parcel Force also add there own “handling charge”. Raising the price yet still.

I doubt very much that the seller will lie about the value or contents of the parcel as it is printed on the customs declaration....

ayoungman - 28/1/07 at 07:27 PM

thanks Cossiebri, those are just the things I've been looking for. I needed something to go along with this, but"normal" guages would have been a bit out of place. Rescued attachment acewell_2803ab.jpg
Rescued attachment acewell_2803ab.jpg

cossiebri - 28/1/07 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ayoungman
thanks Cossiebri, those are just the things I've been looking for. I needed something to go along with this, but"normal" guages would have been a bit out of place.

You won't be disapointed.