Board logo

Possible Single Seater project.
Doctor Derek Doctors - 22/6/11 at 01:00 PM

Spotted this while searching through eBay, might be of interest to someone.

1976 Hawke Formula Ford Chassis and a few bits and bobs.

Formula Ford race car - hill climb track car chassis | eBay UK

russbost - 22/6/11 at 01:09 PM

If anyone from here buys it I have 3 sets of bodywork (all slightly different) for that chassis if they are of interest

matt_gsxr - 22/6/11 at 01:25 PM

I suspect it is going to be in his garage for a bit longer

Confused but excited. - 22/6/11 at 01:41 PM

Don't remember Formula Fords having cast iron wheels.

Guinness - 22/6/11 at 01:41 PM

How can you take so many photos of so little?

Daddylonglegs - 22/6/11 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
How can you take so many photos of so little?

Quite easily apparently

v8kid - 22/6/11 at 02:22 PM

I had to add it to my watch list just to see if anybody bids £850 for it.

Cheers!

scootz - 22/6/11 at 02:23 PM

I'll have a Swift DB1 chassis and bodywork up for sale sometime in the next few weeks if anyone is interested! Probably a bit tighter than the one above, but it's streets ahead in terms of design and competitiveness!

It's just been blasted and is ready for any modifications then coating. It's previously had a bike-engine in the back.

Chassis
Front Suspension Arms
Rockers
Steering Rack
Pedal Set
Gear Linkage for Bike Engine
ARB
Fuel Tank
Bodywork (no engine cover)

Can deliver!

v8kid - 22/6/11 at 02:44 PM

Is that the one that uses a fancy bellhousing casting to locate the forward rear suspension arms?

Cheers!

scootz - 22/6/11 at 03:07 PM

The original chassis may have done, but this one won't as the rear was chopped for a bike-engine conversion!

lsdweb - 22/6/11 at 03:56 PM

quote:

Is that the one that uses a fancy bellhousing casting to locate the forward rear suspension arms?

Yes! Everything just about hung off the bell housing.

Nice chassis - I can vouch for the workmanship in the conversion!

Wyn

lsdweb - 22/6/11 at 04:01 PM

And here it is - this is as I bought it.

Description
Description

lsdweb - 22/6/11 at 04:04 PM

And clothed!

Description
Description

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

scootz - 22/6/11 at 04:11 PM

Really bummed that I can't use it for my project Wyn... it's such a nice chassis, but just too tight for me to get along with. It would be fine though as a hill-climb toy and if no-one is interested in it, then I will keep it for that purpose!

We had talked about widening the upper chassis rails to suit my shoulders, but it would be a shame to compromise it without any guarantee of success.

What did you do with the old rear-end?

lsdweb - 22/6/11 at 05:23 PM

It was tight for me too! But I had 2 enjoyable seasons with it on the hills! I was black and blue after every weekend but you certainly feel part of the car. And you're right, the chassis is a good one, even though I did this too it!

Rough_Fit3
Rough_Fit3

Doctor Derek Doctors - 22/6/11 at 09:28 PM

fancy buying a chassis like this and using it to make a bodywork replica of something like a Lotus 49 or a Tyrrell Matra just for playing about in, something like this:

pstreat - 26/7/11 at 12:24 PM

Wyn/Isdweb (?!)

Do you still have any of the original rear end of the DB1 or any other parts? (Uprights etc)

I have a DB2 which I run in sports 2000 and the components are broadly interchangeable so I may be interested in making you an offer!

Thanks

Paul Streat