Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: O/T Shed
DarrenW

posted on 20/3/08 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
O/T Shed

Im after a shed. Must be local, good size, decent nick (i dont mind giving it a fresh coat of brown) and cheap.

8'x6' would be good.

If anyone hears about one can you let me know. The local bit maybe the stumbling block i guess - i dont have any means to transport one myself.

ned

posted on 20/3/08 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
I borrowed a van when i picked up a shed a few years ago. Wasn't that expensive. Depends how long you wanna wait for the right one to come up locally and how far you'd be prepared to travell...

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/3/08 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
set of roller skates, a rope and a local bus

How's your lassoing skills? here's a girl gettin ready outside Sheds R Us Rescued attachment girl.JPG
Rescued attachment girl.JPG

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 20/3/08 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
My god man - you have a piccie for every situation

Howlor

posted on 20/3/08 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Metal one in Argos for Easter reduced from 300 to 200 if thats any good.

Steve

DarrenW

posted on 22/3/08 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Its a development house so the thought on spending £200 is alien im afraid. Its also a tiny house so im in major anti spending mode

Might be tempted to buy cheap timber and build myself - except there is no such thing as cheap timber at the mo.

There is a window at back of existing garage and a 10' concreeted area behind so was thingking about butting a door through to the storage bit.

Peteff

posted on 23/3/08 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Build it from 8'x4' OSB on a reclaimed timber frame and cover it with roofing felt, dirt cheap.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

DarrenW

posted on 28/3/08 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Im thinking of replacing the fence boards at back of garden, so did wonder if i can build a frame with fence rails, line with DPC membrane then put some of the same fence boards on to match up. Then OSB sheets on roof covered with felt.

Ideally id like to 'extend' garage with the shed, take out end window and fit frame and lockable door as access into the shed (ie no doors or windoes on outside). Problem is knowing when to stop. It would be cheaper to get cheap 2nd hand shed and better insurance policy for bikes etc.

I know i should have hired a van and got the free 6 x 8 shed that was 20 miles away. Too late now (and im too bust doing the house up before i move in).

Last weekend i took 2 of the old fashioned internal doors off - put them up in loft and made 2 big platforms out of them between the rafters. Ideal to store the electrical power tools and other more expensive stuff i normally would put in garage.

[Edited on 28/3/08 by DarrenW]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.