Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dellorto/ webbers throttle linkage
PaulBuz

posted on 13/4/06 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
dellorto/ webbers throttle linkage

Hi
Would anyone happen to have one lying around, condition unimportant.
They seem to be big money new!

ATB
Paul

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 13/4/06 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
just interested in what you are looking for? i have a dohc, are changing the efi unit for throttle bodies? what kind of prce are you confronted with? cheers
ned

posted on 13/4/06 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
It really isn't that difficult to make your own you know. Assuming the two bodies have the spindles linked together then its just a matter of making a bracket out of some scrap metal and get some bicycle brake adjusters and brake cables and some solderness nipples (ooer!)

I've just done this myself for my direct to head throttle bodies!!

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/IMG_1963b.jpg

and the pedal end is jsut as easy either cut a slot or simply drill a hole to feed the wire through and use another solderness nipple (75p each from a stand at the detling show) I have now got another bicycle brake adjuster to fit at the pedal end so its not quite finished yet but:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/IMG_1965b.jpg

the only other thing you need to do is fit a couple of return springs either at the throttle body end or the pedal end, preferrably the pedal end or both. make sure you adjust the pedal correctly and have stops for the pedal return and at full travel or you will stretch and eventually break the cable.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PaulBuz

posted on 14/4/06 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Ned, I already have made exactly what you descibe, but there is no 'feel' to the pedal. Its okay for about the last quarter, but before that there is no resistance.
I have tried to counter this by putting a spring on the pedal itself, but it just don't feel right!
I was of the understanding that the linkage has some sort of canilever to give a more progressive feel right across the range

No, not throttle bodies ,carbs Rescued attachment Picture 466.jpg
Rescued attachment Picture 466.jpg

ATB
Paul

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.