Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Piper Cross Filters
oliwb

posted on 21/2/06 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Piper Cross Filters

Does anyone know where I can get those individual foam piper-x or equivalent filters from quite cheaply....Burton power want £40 for a set and don't even know if they'll fit over my bike carbs! Cheers Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 21/2/06 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
I need to get some for my throttle bodys and am planning on trying the local bike shops, when i was into bikes they were a standard add on especcially on two strokes and werent very dear. I am going to look for individual K and N type that fit over the inlet.
I have a new pipercross px600 panel filter but cant fit it under the bonnet without it hitting the chassis,.
Paul.

tul214

posted on 21/2/06 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Oli,
I was looking for ages a few months ago. The ones on e-bay often sell for more than retail!! However whilst looking i read loads about them and everything i read said BAD things about them. It seems that they effect air flow a lot! The big foam ones are much better if you have room. I didn't so have made an air box and remote cone filter near the grill, like the reverie ones.

Suppose this has not answered your question!

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

TimC

posted on 21/2/06 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Should you want something similar to these:

Try here!

[Edited on 21/2/06 by TimC]

oliwb

posted on 21/2/06 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Had thought of an airbox and K&N on the end of a pipe near the grill but would not be able to fit them under the bonnet! Can get the carbs to clear just without cutting the side out. Should be simple if I can find some decent foam ones.....why do they restrict flow so much??? Tempted to run it without a filter at £40! Not exactly dusty in Aberdeenshire! Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 21/2/06 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
why not cut a hole in the bonnet?
stevebubs

posted on 21/2/06 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
try merlin for some socks...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.