Board logo

MK Indy Rear Carriers
focus1 - 26/5/08 at 09:57 PM

I am looking at converting my MK Indy rear drum brakes to disks. I think i need new carriers to suit disks would anyone have a pair for sale? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

bigrich - 26/5/08 at 10:17 PM

pretty sure all you need are conversion plates and the disc,calipers and pads. no need to change the hubs or carriers.

similar to these i used to fit wilwoods

3GEComponents - 27/5/08 at 06:30 AM

This is something we developed for the Haynes Roadster rear upright, the drum version has the carriers horizontal, while the disc's are vertical. I'm not too sure how the Indy is.

They cost £17.50 a pair + VAT & postage.

Kind regards

[Edited on 27/5/08 by 3GEComponents] Rescued attachment STA70327.JPG
Rescued attachment STA70327.JPG

eznfrank - 27/5/08 at 08:05 AM

The above looks about right for the angle of the calipers on an Indy, however, the Indy disc type carriers have the rearward upper shoulder missing to allow the caliper to fit right. To get it to work right I'm sure you'd have to mod that corner otherwise the calipers just wouldn't be in the right place.

focus1 - 27/5/08 at 05:08 PM

Thanks for the replys .
The mk drum carriers are as you said sitting horizontal i have made two new 12mm thick plates and was going to remove old one,s and re-weld on at the new angle.Then i saw a picture of the disk carriers so can i remove the excess metal from one of the corners?
Do i have to turn the hub down to 134mm to let disk fit.
Mk is on the road so trying to get all the info and bits made.
Cheers