Board logo

Snooper wanted!!
owelly - 13/11/07 at 10:05 AM

Not some nosey person but one of them there radar detectors.
My chum has just moved out to Cyprus and has been pulled twice for going a bit fast. He got off both times with a warning after rambling at the TC about being new to the island but he'd like some advanced warning in the future! He could of course, slow down, but where's the fun in that?
Ironically, the Cyprus authorities have abandoned the speed camera trials but increased the hand held speed guns. D'oh!
Cheers folks.
Owelly.

ned - 13/11/07 at 10:25 AM

Anyone we know? Who was that guy who used to post on here that moved out there somewhere? hmmmm

andyharding - 13/11/07 at 10:32 AM

I've got an S5 somewhere I don't use anymore. I'll see if I can find it.

wilkingj - 13/11/07 at 11:02 AM

Get him to check they are legal to use. In Some parts of the Eu they are specifically illegal and can be fined for using them.

ie Check first..

RazMan - 13/11/07 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ned
Anyone we know? Who was that guy who used to post on here that moved out there somewhere? hmmmm

Surely not

I think they execute you for using radar detectors in some countries

[Edited on 13-11-07 by RazMan] Rescued attachment calvin-bad-mood.gif
Rescued attachment calvin-bad-mood.gif

owelly - 14/11/07 at 08:33 PM

The chum has never been a Locoster! He's a car nut but not one that he'd have to build himself. He plays in my stuff but buys his from a shiney showroom!!

The legal bit is only a worry if you get caught. I'm sure the plod won't be stopping folks just to check that you don't have a detector stuffed up your dash (fnarf).

Any luck Andy??