Board logo

Drum Braked Outer Hub CV's
Minicooper - 27/2/07 at 04:14 PM

Hello all,
I'm after a pair of Sierra Drum Braked rear outer tripod CV's with part of the driveshaft or complete driveshafts.

I have been told these Outer tripod CV's will fit a disk braked Lobro hub, I made an arse of measuring things and now I can't get the original lobro joint in. I can redo the de dion to allow fitment but if the tripod style CV fits then that will cure my problem and be more than strong enough and a bit lighter always good, apparently there are some early thin driveshaft types that don't fit

Cheers
David

[Edited on 27/2/07 by Minicooper] Rescued attachment DSCF0116.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0116.JPG

chris_harris_ - 27/2/07 at 05:04 PM

Is it the ABS teeth that are binding on the inside of the upright. This is a pretty standard problem. take them to a local machine shop and have them turned off, mate of mine did mine for free.

Minicooper - 27/2/07 at 05:28 PM

Thanks Chris,
There is no problem with the ABS bits, it's the bottom link on each side also the 4 link axle housing I have put some arrows on the affected areas

Cheers
David

[Edited on 27/2/07 by Minicooper]

chris_harris_ - 28/2/07 at 11:14 AM

Right think i get you now, think the likes of GTS and jroberts use a slightly different design.
Have a look

I'll see if i can find a pic of the joints too.

[Edited on 28/2/07 by chris_harris_]

Minicooper - 1/3/07 at 06:08 PM

Anyone?
I'm stuck without knowing for sure the Tripod CV's drum braked CV's will fit, has anyone in Hampshire got one even just to try so I know, I've tried all over to try and get a pair but no luck yet

Cheers
David