Board logo

Ford coil pack wanted
blockhead_rich - 4/9/06 at 08:17 PM

Just wondered if anyone has a spare ford coil pack that they want to exchange for beer tokens? I think one from any Zetech engined car will do the job.

My current one has the following number(s) on it if this helps identification;
928F-12029-CA (top) and 0277A (bottom).

(I'm using it on my 4AGE + Omex and I'm getting a miss-fire on # 4 cylinder @ idle only, so I'm just trying to rule out all possible causes + I'll have a spare if it's not the cause of my actual fault).

Cheers in advance.

Rich

wilkingj - 4/9/06 at 08:30 PM

Which ever one you get, make sure you get the right leads to fit it, as there are different fittings for the HT lead connections.

blockhead_rich - 4/9/06 at 09:08 PM

Thanks Geoff - I have had to "butcher" the standard 4AGE ones to fit but they give a spark so I'm hoping this isn't my problem.

Rich

stevebubs - 4/9/06 at 09:10 PM

if it's only on #4 then swap the connections between #1 and #4

blockhead_rich - 4/9/06 at 09:23 PM

Good idea Steve - hadn't thought of that - doh, I'll try it tomorrow!

UncleFista - 4/9/06 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
if it's only on #4 then swap the connections between #1 and #4

Don't you just love lateral thinking ?

lsdweb - 5/9/06 at 01:13 PM

Rich

I've got a brand new one going spare if you still need one. Sadly, one of the mounting lugs snapped off when it was being delivered to me but apart from that it's perfect.

Regards

Wyn

lsdweb - 5/9/06 at 01:15 PM

Rich

I've got a brand new one going spare if you still need one. Sadly, one of the mounting lugs snapped off when it was being delivered to me but apart from that it's perfect.

Regards

Wyn Rescued attachment coilpack.JPG
Rescued attachment coilpack.JPG

blockhead_rich - 5/9/06 at 08:07 PM

Wyn - thanks for the offer.

I'll let you know if I need it as I had another play tonight following the ideas of yesterday, and I can't seem to phathom what's going on. It appears I have a problem with No. 4 cylinder only and not to do wiht the coil pack or ignition leads or the plugs. So not too sure if it's an Omex set up issue. So I'll probably have to get back in touch with LPS in Ipswich - the Rolling road guys.

Rich

lsdweb - 6/9/06 at 04:16 PM

Best of luck Rich!