Board logo

Hi-Spec or Wilwoods
Hellfire - 3/2/06 at 12:32 PM

Hi-Spec or Wilwoods

Anybody know of a good (read cheap) supplier of Hi-Spec and/or Wilwood Calipers to replace front Sierra calipers??

mookaloid - 3/2/06 at 12:49 PM

Woah........ deja-vu????

PAUL FISHER - 3/2/06 at 01:19 PM

Yes Steve will be on in a minute saying nobodys told him about it

Hellfire - 3/2/06 at 01:35 PM

No I won't - Oh sh*t!!!

Avoneer - 3/2/06 at 04:38 PM

Rally Design for Wilwoods - but try and get the ones with dust seals (can of worms).

I've got some M16 Hi-specs and they do look great and weight nowt - try them direct.

No contacts for calipers - sorry.

Could try a group buy if everyone wants the same calipers and they fit the standard discs - I can look into this if you like.

Pat...

Jon Ison - 3/2/06 at 05:24 PM

Rally design for wilwoods.
Kit car workshop for Hi spec.

bimbleuk - 3/2/06 at 06:47 PM

Been thinking about an upgrade soon myself.

I was going the Wilwood route until Hi Spek recently released the Sierra direct fit calipers. So no messing with brackets.

Avoneer - 3/2/06 at 08:47 PM

How big are the discs usually on Sierra's as the HiSpecs are for 260mm discs only.

Pat...

tomblyth - 10/8/06 at 07:13 PM

http://www.webparts.co.uk/Brakeworld/Appguide/Webframe.htm Rescued attachment Disk size.gif
Rescued attachment Disk size.gif

iiyama - 10/8/06 at 08:11 PM

After a full set of ultra lites, (hand brake operated ones for the rear), non ventilated discs and bells, Sierra fitment.

Hi-spec have never replied to any of my emails. Kit car workshop have, but only after Ive badgered them and over a period of 2.5 months!

[Edited on 10/8/06 by iiyama]

procomp - 12/8/06 at 01:58 PM

Hi the last time we tried to fit a pair of hispec ones to a sierra they had no chance of fitting and had to be re machined and a bracket made. Never use hispec direct they are a waste of time try the kitcar workshop but they are still dependent on hispec for supplying the right callipers.

cheers matt