Board logo

Sierra bodyshell Stockcars!
athoirs - 11/9/05 at 08:01 PM

Been doing a bit of stockcar racing at the Racewall in Scotland. Doing Pro-stock which use a 1.6 Sierra as a base.. Anyway if anyone building a kitcar in Central Scotland, Fife, Perth or Dundee and has a Sierra body shell (of any type or engine size) which they have striped and no longer require I can arrange free collection (the shell usually only lasts two or three meetings!)

thanks Andy

athoirs - 11/9/05 at 08:04 PM

zilspeed - 11/9/05 at 08:09 PM

Could you no' just use the Indy on there Andy ?

big_wasa - 11/9/05 at 08:20 PM

Im told the sierras are no good for racing as the front end just drops of

You would be better of with a Nissan Bluebird m8 They recon their as hard as nails

subk2002 - 11/9/05 at 08:20 PM

Sounds like fun to me

athoirs - 11/9/05 at 10:15 PM

Not allowed in the rules to use Bluebirds !
Not that there are many rules!

Sierra is about the best.. some use Cavs and Novas but with the FWD its even worse. At least you can re-build a sierra front between races. (which we have had to do!)

Think the Indy would not last long with this lot...

Avoneer - 11/9/05 at 10:27 PM

Stick four of those tyres on that are in the background and just roll over everyone

Think you might get busy with the shells if you ask on here!

Pat...

Davg - 11/9/05 at 11:03 PM

You have just missed 2 good shells here in Strathclyde! still got doors, tailgate, bonnet, & bumpers if you can use them.

Jon Ison - 11/9/05 at 11:07 PM

with the wings cut n folded under they can be pretty tuff, had success with cavs though, they seem to toughen up ok after a few "head ones" i assume you cant use saab's either now they are tuff..... another one that surprises me is the Primera, try one, cheap as chips, much quicker than most other cars in cc class and pretty tuff too........

mangogrooveworkshop - 29/9/05 at 09:53 PM

I have seen two in the leven area just this week one in wymess and these ones by the TSB in methil that posh suburb in leven Rescued attachment P9280008.JPG
Rescued attachment P9280008.JPG