Board logo

type 9 to zetec bolts
AndyW - 2/6/11 at 03:04 PM

Being stuck away from home for a few days, and sitting in the hotel has given me more thinking time as to some parts I need. Very shortly I will be fitting the engine

But I have no bolts to secure the type 9 to the blacktop zetec. Anyone know what size and thread, or even better has anyone got some that they dont need???

I will be home tomorrow (friday) and have proper internet access rather than this hotel rubbish so can reply to any messages then.

Thanks in advance..

Oh dam I also forgot to order spigot bearing and release bearing Looks like i wont be putting engine in this weekend!

mcerd1 - 2/6/11 at 03:22 PM

I've just had the box off my focus (1.8 blacktop)
and its only the top 2 bolts that are threaded on the engine side (M10 I think, can check later on)

I've got a type 9 sitting there aswell so I can have a look at that too unless someone beats me to it....

mcerd1 - 4/6/11 at 02:42 PM

just got a chance to check today

they are all M10's (1.5mm pitch) the top 2 are 35mm long, the rest are 35 - 45mm long depending on the thickness they go through

AndyW - 5/6/11 at 09:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
just got a chance to check today

they are all M10's (1.5mm pitch) the top 2 are 35mm long, the rest are 35 - 45mm long depending on the thickness they go through

Thanks very much, perfect info!!! got the bolts on order.

mcerd1 - 5/6/11 at 10:23 AM

I hope it works out for you

if I'd known last weekend that someone would be asking I could have offered up one of my bellhousings and worked in out properly

last sundays pic:
tin-top3
tin-top3