Board logo

Waterproof Se7en cover
stevegough - 8/11/10 at 10:38 AM

Ideas / info / links for a cover to keep the cockpit dry on the way to IVA (car will be on a trailer...)

Don't really need an all - over, because the car will live in the garage 97% of the time...

Thanks, Steve.

dhutch - 8/11/10 at 10:46 AM

You can get cockpit covers. I have a tonnue on my so would use that.

One of the most important things is to make sure its not going to rub/chafe on anything as if its flapping against body work it will make a mark even just during a half hour 60mph stint.

How about a grotty duvet and a 6ft square bit of tarp!

Daniel

big_wasa - 8/11/10 at 11:17 AM

Press studs are a no no for Iva and anything just lashed over will scratch the body work.

Macbeast - 8/11/10 at 11:50 AM

I plan to use a boot protector cover thing from Halfords. Plastic with loops at the corners so could use bungees to secure

marcjagman - 8/11/10 at 11:54 AM

Why bother? it's their arse that's going to get wet.

Guinness - 8/11/10 at 11:54 AM

Indy Roof Up
Indy Roof Up

But then I am a bit cheap.

If I was travelling any distance on a trailer, tended to put a heavy duty dust sheet down first, then a tarp.

I have a luxury one of these WESTFIELD, CATERHAM, SEVEN TYPE, KIT CAR COVER on eBay (end time 13-Nov-10 23:07:02 GMT) now.

HTH

Mike

Daddylonglegs - 8/11/10 at 12:25 PM

If the 'other car' in the picture is yours then you should be able to afford to get the car transported in a padded, climate controlled trailer!

stevegough - 8/11/10 at 12:48 PM

Thanks to all of you - I have just bought what Mr 'Liffey water' (Guiness) suggested which is exactly what I was after.

Cheers, guys.

Guinness - 8/11/10 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
If the 'other car' in the picture is yours then you should be able to afford to get the car transported in a padded, climate controlled trailer!

It was bloody difficult to find a towbar that fitted the Aston

Me = Builder = MK

Him = Architect = Aston

jacko - 8/11/10 at 04:59 PM

This is my home made cover it was a cover i bought from Lidl and cut it down to fit under the bonnet
Jacko
home made rain cover
home made rain cover