Board logo

Manta Ray beach buggy shell
Triton - 19/9/08 at 09:21 PM

Yep it's mine but sadly no time and fast running out of space so just has to go..

ebay item number..300259794914

Mark

[Edited on 19/9/08 by Triton]

Stott - 19/9/08 at 09:26 PM

Did anyone else think this:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=24409&menu_path=CS

Miks15 - 19/9/08 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stott
Did anyone else think this:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=24409&menu_path=CS

nope was kinda hoping this:

Fozzie - 19/9/08 at 09:30 PM

Link to Tritons item

Linky thing

Fozzie

Triton - 19/9/08 at 09:33 PM

Thanks fozzie...

How's things by the way?

Mark

Fozzie - 19/9/08 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Thanks fozzie...

How's things by the way?

Mark

You are very welcome Mark

You mean apart from 25 years of business ie workshop gone up in smoke...literally?

Arguing...sorry, discussing, with Insurers and Loss Adjustors, pages of inventory, and quotes....and looking for a new unit? ...eeerm pretty darn carp really!

On the plus side......apart from the 'hens teeth' spares and the fozzmobile spares that are just molten metal, lots of tools/plant/machinery are cleaning up ok..... trub is no leccy, so not all can be tested.... especially the 3 phase stuff, but, working at around 1/2 rate amongst the mayhem!

Even better news that the 4 year resto that had just completed and valued at telephone numbers was unscathed except for needing a very good valet, she took pride of place (a week after the fire) at the XK 60th at Goodwood.... and Cowdrey

The 3/4 completed E-Type also escaped, apart from the newly refurbed stuff that was in the stores....... ah well, it could have been worse.

Fozzie

Triton - 20/9/08 at 09:52 AM

Fozzie,
Crikey I didn't know!!! Hope nobody was hurt?
Your car ok then, don't say thats gone up in smoke!!!!?

Hope you get sorted soon.

Cheers,
Mark.

Fozzie - 20/9/08 at 10:46 AM

Mark.... thanks!

No, not many people do know about it...
Our work is hardly Locost...so no point making an announcement here, but those who did know have been a tremendous moral help and boost....

I have made a few brief references on here, but not so much as would notice......

It happened on a Sunday afternoon, 8 weeks ago, no one was at the yard, Stu was at Silverstone, I was out, to come home to an answer phone message of...
'get here quick your units on fire, you have lost the lot'.......

It was a very fraught few hours until we were allowed anywhere near the yard, and to discover that we had not lost everything, just the stores and some machinery.

Where the fire started was outside of another unit which was totalled...
that unit is/was adjoined to ours at right angle with our stores being in the middle of the 2 units.

The main workshop was ok-ish, but ankle deep in water and shattered glass. Doesn't hot charred timber (roof beams) make a mess?

The Fozzmobile lives indoors next to the lounge (integral garage ) so she is ok....
But I had a lot of spares, engines, that I was rebuilding for her, and gear boxes, one of which was a bullet box, which we have had for years, I think it was in one of out 'Tinas ...mk2.....but cannot be definite. It had just been refurbed..... but hey-ho......
It was the business spares that was most heart breaking.....

No one was hurt.....

The heat blew the rear wall out (brick)

Fozzie Rescued attachment DSCN1296.jpg
Rescued attachment DSCN1296.jpg

omega 24 v6 - 20/9/08 at 11:52 AM

Jeezo bad news Fozzie. Hope you don't have to shout too much at the loss adjusters They're about as penny pinching as accountants. Had dealings with them before but nowhere like on your scale. Best of luck.

Fozzie - 20/9/08 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Jeezo bad news Fozzie. Hope you don't have to shout too much at the loss adjusters They're about as penny pinching as accountants. Had dealings with them before but nowhere like on your scale. Best of luck.

Thank you for your kind words...

The whole business has been farcical tbh, you really couldn't make it up....

I think I have kicked a few doors (metaphorically) as our Brokers have raised a complaint on our behalf...... however the Brokers who are a 'big name' in the Historic car world, 3 letters in their name, begins with A , are hardly blameless either ....

That picture was just a corner of the stores, I had to stand in the doorway as I am sure you can see the structure (roof) is unsafe...

I turned around and took a shot of our workshop, the difference is amazing probably because Stuart sheeted the door in quite thick ally, and also because our new heroes aka the Fire Brigade, kept a hose running into the stores..... brave lads and lasses....as we had the gas bottles in there too.

Totally indebted to them all.

Fozzie

Sorry Mark (Triton), for hijacking your thread.

Triton - 20/9/08 at 08:15 PM

Don't be daft woman i'm only trying to sell a buggy shell you have a lot more on your plate than that daft ebay finger thing..

I'm sure you will get sorted.

Cheers and chin up Fozz.

Mark