Board logo

For Sale - brake flaring tool
Mr Whippy - 8/7/08 at 06:09 PM

here's a professional one plus the pipe cutter. Does double flange ones too in many sizes. As new though I have done that flange on the end of that pipe with it, are you suitably impressed?

£35 price includes postage, u2u me, cheque only, ta Rescued attachment brake tool.jpg
Rescued attachment brake tool.jpg

Mr Whippy - 8/7/08 at 06:12 PM

oh no it's another huge picture sorry

worX - 8/7/08 at 06:20 PM

I'll send you a u2u when I'm next at a computer, it'll be in 11hours!

Steve

fatfranky - 8/7/08 at 07:39 PM

Hi

If this does good quality (easy to do ) flares, I'll take it.

Not being funny but never seen one like this before, have used the machine mart type and they're crap, have used my mates mopar or moprod one and it's pretty decent

If you say it's easy to do flares with this one i'll have it

U2U also sent

Regards

Frank

Mr Whippy - 8/7/08 at 07:56 PM

ok following the unspoken forum rules worX has first dibs but if changes his mind then next in line will get it.

as to the tool, its not very hard to use but like everything needs a little practice first. its best put in a vice otherwise you next three hands. the flare I did looked good to use.

I looked at the cheaper ones and was not impressed, this is the type used by autosave cos I watched them make mine in the past

cheers

Macbeast - 8/7/08 at 08:21 PM

It does 12 inch diameter pipes does it ?

Oh of course, the oil industry

oliwb - 8/7/08 at 08:56 PM

Bought one yesterday exactly the same as that one. They're made by Laser but might want to check your pricing as I bought it from Gibbs in Aberdeen for £20.00. They're priced at £26.95 there at the moment but I managed to haggle them down a bit as the corner of the box on this one had been ripped....Didn't include the pipe cutter. Bought a Draper one from them for £3.50 though......Oli.

PS.
The tool is great. Sooooooo much better than the crappy 2 piece affairs.....

AndyGT - 9/7/08 at 12:51 AM

Yes, I bought the same one two months ago. Bought it as I needed one that required three hands to operate it as I had no copper pipe here in France and the union binded to the pipe on my car that needed a new cylinder... ...only one attempt at an already short brake pipe and it worked fantastic.

Recommended and easy to use with only 2 hands!!!

welderman - 9/7/08 at 07:36 AM

worX does night shift so he will be on later this aft/morn.