Board logo

Megajolt v4 Advice
ollie2910 - 29/10/11 at 02:52 PM

Hi All

Been a while since I've managed to get onto the forum, but I was thinking of getting a megajolt bolted onto my v6 cosworth lump,
has anyone got any wise words as to weather this would be a good or bad idea??

Thanking you in advance...

Ollie

MakeEverything - 29/10/11 at 02:59 PM

Why not go for megasquirt and control the EFI as well? The EDIS 6 and coil packs would still be needed for either, so youll be more likely to get additional power from controlling the fuel as well.

big_wasa - 29/10/11 at 03:09 PM

you will need an edis 6 and they are rare

ollie2910 - 29/10/11 at 03:12 PM

Luckily i have the Edis 6 already,, i have a ford baby Ecu in there at the moment, but im having al sorts of issues with it.

Ollie

AntonUK - 29/10/11 at 03:29 PM

I would defiantly look at a m'squirt instead... just disable the fueling part and run it Ing only

Lots more features to it even then than a MJ

ollie2910 - 31/10/11 at 04:36 PM

Thanks for your advice,, dropped Phil a line at extraEFI, He should be able to point me to the correct M-Squirt..

NeilP - 31/10/11 at 09:31 PM

Ollie,

I have the BABY as well - I'm getting strange fuelling issues (still) - stuttering at higher revs in higher gears?...

What are you experiencing?

Cheers, Neil.

ollie2910 - 1/11/11 at 09:52 AM

Neil

My problems have come from the initial wire up of the engine to the Baby. i'm afraid i have been in the dark a little since reaching this part of the build. (a handy ford mechanic would go down a treat) but many people have recommended going for the after market ecu, i think it may solve some problems (and many hours pulling my hair out).

Are you still running the fore runner to my BOB v6?

ollie

NeilP - 1/11/11 at 07:20 PM

Yep - I'm a BOA - doing OK even with a stutter!...

NeilP - 1/11/11 at 07:21 PM

Chippy (Ray) is in your area I think and he's running the cossie as well - He's a bit of a genuis so might be worth U2U-ing him...

N.