Author: Subject: Locost - Social Event/Rallye
Mix

posted on 25/2/05 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
I know a fine pub in Ullapool

Mick

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 1/3/05 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you like our test track eeeerrr Scotland

Think we are heading South that weekend.
quote:

when you can do what you set out to do and that is drive your car, on the best roads in the country.

[Edited on 1-3-05 by mangogrooveworkshop]

locoboy

posted on 21/3/05 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
I think its a cracking idea, Being a Scot and all

Its the first time i have seen something like this planned in my time on here and although its obviously not to everyones tastes a little less of the 'well it would be better if'.................'Darren dont you know that'............'if only it had been'.............and 'why dont you's' would have been appreciated im sure.

Darren has evidently had a fantastic time there and has put in some effort and made some phone calls to try and organise something for what seems like a reasonable price just to be shot down with comments concerning the weather and the bloody predatory wildlife ffs .

How many times have you been camping (pre planned) and its pi55ed it down? over 50% of the times i reckon, but has it stopped you going again? - it aint stopped me.

Just goes to show you cant please all the people and sometimes it looks like it aint even worth suggesting things - if my car was on the road i would most definately be tempted to make the journey, Stoneleigh or not, in fact i would rather be out driving the car on the weekend that is pretty much pre-booked with all our partners as 'Kit Car' weekend than poncing around at Stoneleigh anyway. Possibly this was Darrens reasons for suggesting this weekend as it is already recognised as 'man time' and therefore does not require another pass from those that have other committments.

And as for the comments about midges - im sure even the most fanatical BEC drivers could afford the small amount of ballast that is a can of insect repellant.

Rant over

ATB
Locoboy

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.