Board logo

Nearly finished
flak monkey - 18/4/07 at 06:54 AM

Nearly there now, got the bonnet and catches fitted at the weekend, and the mirrors done last week.

All i need to do now is get my indicator extensions made and fitted, then go over everything with a fine toothed comb for SVA.

Oh and suss out where the problem lies with my electronic ignition...

Heres some piccies:

shades - 18/4/07 at 07:15 AM

Looks good

What mirrors are you using?

JAG - 18/4/07 at 07:55 AM

David, it looks very smart.

Well Done - Will we see it at a South Brum meeting one day? i.e. will you drive it to Uni' or will it live in Kings Lynn?

Mr Whippy - 18/4/07 at 08:13 AM

yeah I like it, very cleen looking and yellow is a good choice for these cars.

The thread for the headlamps looks an SVA fail but I'm sure you already spotted that.

Well done.

TimC - 18/4/07 at 08:39 AM

It's amazing what you can acheive in 5000+ posts! Seriously David, that looks very tidy! The holes in the bodywork in particular look like a labour of love!

Your Avatar is still ridiculously pleasant too!

andyharding - 18/4/07 at 10:08 AM

Are you sure your front springs won't bind on full compression? They look wound up quite a lot.

Mr Whippy - 18/4/07 at 10:38 AM

well spotted, their almost coil bound. Are you sure that's not the rear springs on the front? somethings not right as I can get my thumb inbetween the coils on mine and I have a heavy v6 upfront.

Gergely - 18/4/07 at 12:01 PM

Very nice and tidy build! I really like the cut holes on the bodywork, too...
Gergely

flak monkey - 18/4/07 at 05:28 PM

Thanks for the comments gents

The mirrors are cheapo R6 knockoffs from ebay.

It will make it over to the south brum meet one day, hopefully sometime over the summer, depending on when i get it SVA'd. It would be great to go for a blat with you guys

The bodywork holes took a while, but nothing more than a bit of patience and commonsense thinking. Though I must say without the help of my dad they would be a lot worse.

Not sure about the front coil springs. They are 275lb springs, definately the right way around. They havent got much preload on, only as much as i could wind on by hand, without a c-spanner. Theres 4" clearance to the chassis at the front. The springs looked like this with no preload on:

So no idea...

David

Deckman001 - 18/4/07 at 07:24 PM

Stunning looking car matey, looks like you will beat me to sva as well, by at least a summer one thing I noticed though, will the leading edge of the bottom area of side bodywork need some covering as it looks to protrude past the nose cone round edge ??
Crap description I know but you might know what I mean

Jason

matt.c - 18/4/07 at 09:00 PM

been for a little blad yet?

Next doors ok?

Will text you tomorrow mate.

DIY Si - 18/4/07 at 09:08 PM

Looking good there! One thing, is the 4-1 collector ok, or does it have a dent on ther upper outer bit? Or just a trick of the light?

flak monkey - 19/4/07 at 06:18 AM

The bodywork still needs pulling in at the bottom, brought it home to put it on the ramps to sort it and the electronic ignition died, so it got pushed back again Hopefully sort that tomorrow afternoon.

The collector is ok, its not dented, its a reflection off something or other.

Matt the neighbours havent said anything since, but its only been running maybe 2 or 3 times since i have been home anyway. Back off to uni on sat...

David

matt.c - 19/4/07 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
The bodywork still needs pulling in at the bottom, brought it home to put it on the ramps to sort it and the electronic ignition died, so it got pushed back again Hopefully sort that tomorrow afternoon.

The collector is ok, its not dented, its a reflection off something or other.

Matt the neighbours havent said anything since, but its only been running maybe 2 or 3 times since i have been home anyway. Back off to uni on sat...

David

BUGGER! You are going back on sat! Was trying to get roung again but can do this time! Will speak at stoneliegh

Oh yeh before you go back give the neighbours a good pop of the exaust!!!