Board logo

The Engines In!
flak monkey - 23/9/06 at 05:53 PM

Well I dropped the engine in today, with the help of Dad and a big hoist!

Looks like an engine with a car now, which is quite amusing!

I had a bit of trouble as the pre-drilled holes for the engine mounts seemed about 40mm too far forward, so I had to redrill some new holes in the mounts. No big issue, but it did mean the engine went in and out 3 times rather than just the once!

I now need to find a smaller alternator, as the pinto one will most definately not fit!

Anyway heres some pic for your perusal. I have next week off work, and plan on making some good progress, as I have both the money and time to at the moment.

David

gary gsx - 23/9/06 at 05:54 PM

looking good mate, How close is the steering to the engine??

Gary

flak monkey - 23/9/06 at 05:59 PM

Bloody close! Rescued attachment Wheres the alternator go.jpg
Rescued attachment Wheres the alternator go.jpg

matt.c - 23/9/06 at 06:00 PM

Looks good mate.

Ps did you get my text message i sent you the other day?

BKLOCO - 23/9/06 at 06:03 PM

That can't be the same engine......
It looks a damm site better than it did in my shed
Well done David.
Keep up the work we need more GTS cars on the road....
I'm fed up with being Billy no mates at the shows....

[Edited on 23-9-06 by BKLOCO]

stevec - 23/9/06 at 06:10 PM

Very nice looking build. And nice attention to detail on the engine. I know everyone does it but it still scares me when I see timing belts uncovered, I think of stones and gravel, Spose that comes with being an old fart.
Steve.

shades - 23/9/06 at 06:49 PM

Sweet

andrews_45 - 23/9/06 at 07:48 PM

looks like you put a lot of time and effort on that engine

Gav - 23/9/06 at 08:37 PM

Looking good m8, think you'll have time to get it started before you head back to uni?

donut - 23/9/06 at 08:57 PM

spankingly good!! looks very nice. Well worth the hours cleaning and painting the engine & gearbox.

RichardK - 23/9/06 at 09:08 PM

I'm using the sierra alternator, just needed to make a little bracket, have a picture in my gallery number IMAG0091.JPG, just press the www button below and have a peek.

Regards

Rich

DarrenW - 25/9/06 at 08:45 AM

Its looking good David. Well done. Wont be long before you get it started up now

Will you need to move the filler neck on the rocker cover? Engine looks quite a bit further foward than mine and my filler neck only just clears the nosecone.